Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Looking for good dealer in SC or GA

Am interested in buying a Winnebago Adventurer and would like to find a decent dealer in the SC or Ga area. Will go further for an exceptional deal or reliable dealer. Thanks.
Jwgirardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Looking for good dealer in SC or GA

Only new, or looking for pre owned? Costal RV Center (TJ Auto Sales, LLC), located on 17 a bit south of Charleston. Tony & Todd are good guys. They take preowned RV's and refurbish them. They put in new wood floors, etc. They make them look good and go through all the systems to insure everything is working good. They sell them for a good price and they will also service them after the sale. Look them up on RVTrader.com.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We are open to used and new. Depends on the unit. But thanks for the heads up. Charleston is close to us, I will definetly check them out.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Have you checked out Lazy Days in Tampa, FL? Two of my neighbors here in GA have purchased Winnebagos from them.

Lazydays-The RV AUTHORITY

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yes we have, they don't care to budge on any pricing. Most dealers will give you something off, they don't seem to care about that. I brought my unit to them to get seviced before a long trip and they never bothered to replace the oil cap, and I had to buy a new one. They just seemed to rush thru the service and didn't do alot of stuff I asked them So I will just continue to look around for a more reliable dealer.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I've heard stories about the service department being lousy at Lazy Days but I also heard they recently hired a new service manager that is supposed to be very good and might be able to improve it.

As far as discounts on the coaches all I can say is my neighbors seemed happy with the deals they got. Both of them are on their 2nd coaches that they purchased from Lazy Days.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

You can come north to Virginia and contact Noah Ingram, sales manager at Safford RV in Thornburg. We bought our Suncruiser from him and would not hesitate to buy another unit there again. He is a great guy to work with.
Tom
Old 07-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

The dealer locator is here: Winnebago | RVs, Motorhomes, Recreational Vehicles That should at least tell you who they are, but I'd not expect any ratings to be provided.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We bought two expensive coaches at Lazydays, no problem, good deal. Most salesmen there know nothing, the deal will come with the sales manager, when you actually sit down.
But whatever you do, stay away from Camping World
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Anyone have experience with service in the myrtle Beach area??
Woodview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodview View Post
Anyone have experience with service in the myrtle Beach area??
For chassis service try Larry's Auto Clinic, he is famous for good service, especially on Workhorse gassers. For house service there is a CW-you've been warned!
Old 07-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

There are two CW shops in Myrtle Beach. I found them to be ok, but they do nickel and dime you (actually, hundreds of dollar you). You will pay $80 for them to look at you.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I got my RV @ CW on 544 and had some warranty work done took forever to finally get things done!!
Woodview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Go to Camping World in Robertsdale, AL Ask for Ron
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I am not an expert on this subject. We have just owned our new coach for a year. In my experience in this year I have decided that one better learn to work on your MH and try your best to stay away from the M H techs. They seem to be all in a hurry ( time is money they say, so true in this industry ) I saw a mobile road tech at work the other day , NOT GOOD !!!!. The dealer I bought my coach from are so disorganized they can't even remember to call you back and can't find the parts they called and said were in for work to be done. I tried two other dealers and they were the same. Boy !!, I don't Think it will get any better in the near future if ever. Just hard for a new prospect MH owner to accept this info, because I was warned and just didn't think it could be that bad . I assumed the dealer you bought from would try to take care of you, don't listen to salesmen, I have found they have no pull with service dept. i know some will say they have had good experience , my thought ! They are in the minority. when one gets the bug it is hard to listen to the guy that is just telling you his experience in owing a MH. With that all been said , I love the time we have had in our coach. I assume that is what keeps them in bussness .
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

WVbum, What dealers are you talking about? I for one have at least 4 Camping Worlds that I would not recommend and one that I highly recommend. Just for your edification the 3 are, Oakwood, GA, Woodstock, GA, Calera, AL and Chattanooga, TN. The one that I do recommend is Camping World, Robertsdale, AL

The main problem today and I have been rving since 1989 and am on my 4th Winnebago, is that the techs don't take pride in their work and they may also bite of more than they can chew as taking in service work. They want to make money at the owners expense because as you probably know people who own motor homes are rich, yeah right?

Enjoy and good luck!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:15 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

In Georgia I believe that your only option is CW for both sales and warranty work. For non-warranty work I highly recommend Apalachee RV Center. Here's a link to their web site: ARV #1 in RV Service

What is remarkable is that they actually get your RV back to you as scheduled. They do not sell RV's, their niche is service. Because of this there is usually a wait time to get on their schedule, but once "in line" you can depend on the work they do.
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:40 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGeorgia View Post
In Georgia I believe that your only option is CW for both sales and warranty work. For non-warranty work I highly recommend Apalachee RV Center. Here's a link to their web site: ARV #1 in RV Service

What is remarkable is that they actually get your RV back to you as scheduled. They do not sell RV's, their niche is service. Because of this there is usually a wait time to get on their schedule, but once "in line" you can depend on the work they do.
X2 for Apalachee in N. GA.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

For an excellent repair shop off I-75,just northwest of Atlanta:

Open Roads Complete RV Service
3665 James Rd, Acworth, GA 30102
770-975-8400
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Camping world is the last place I would go for anything other than incidental things that I need now. Would never let them touch my coach in the service area unless it was an emergency, and then, I would keep my hand on my wallet and would double check everything they did. Bob Ledford's Adventure RV in Greenville, SC might be worth a look. Never dealt with them before, but they are a Winnebago dealer as well as Tiffin. We did buy a popup from them years ago when they were in Asheville. There is also RV World of GA that is a Winnebago dealer. I would recommend Tom Johnson's in Marion, NC, but they sold out to CW. I don't know if they sold their philosophy as well, but they did at least retain the Tom Johnson name. On edit, I have heard very good things about Davis RV in Memphis.
znt1186 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer