Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Look who just upped the ante

Check this out !!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mar 1, 2017 3:45 PM
Subject: Carefree Diesel Days are Here!

Great news for anyone considering a new Class A diesel!
At Winnebago, innovation isn't limited to our cutting-edge products. We also lead in after-sale service support.

So while some manufacturers are turning “older” coaches away from their service facilities, Winnebago will be there for you, today, tomorrow and for years to come.

And right now, we're extending our industry-leading warranty on our diesel pusher lineup up to an incredible 3 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first!
If you're trading in a Winnebago or any other brand motorhome for a new Winnebago diesel pusher, we'll back you with our 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

No trade-in? No problem! We'll back your new Winnebago diesel pusher with the same 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

Simply visit your nearby Winnebago dealer, make your best deal, then leave your worries behind -- warranty repairs for three years or 100,000 miles are on us!

Don't wait!
Carefree Diesel Days runs from March 1, 2017 to August 31, 2017, so don't wait: Pick out the Winnebago diesel pusher of your dreams and enjoy worry-free RVing with a 3-year/100,000-mile warranty!
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

So to summarize, Winnebago lies about what is actually going on at Tiffin, then offers an extended warranty which in essence Tiffin has done for many of their owners since forever, and continues to do so.

Whole lotta nothing here.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Check this out !!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mar 1, 2017 3:45 PM
Subject: Carefree Diesel Days are Here!

Great news for anyone considering a new Class A diesel!
At Winnebago, innovation isn't limited to our cutting-edge products. We also lead in after-sale service support.

So while some manufacturers are turning “older” coaches away from their service facilities, Winnebago will be there for you, today, tomorrow and for years to come.

And right now, we're extending our industry-leading warranty on our diesel pusher lineup up to an incredible 3 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first!
If you're trading in a Winnebago or any other brand motorhome for a new Winnebago diesel pusher, we'll back you with our 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

No trade-in? No problem! We'll back your new Winnebago diesel pusher with the same 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

Simply visit your nearby Winnebago dealer, make your best deal, then leave your worries behind -- warranty repairs for three years or 100,000 miles are on us!

Don't wait!
Carefree Diesel Days runs from March 1, 2017 to August 31, 2017, so don't wait: Pick out the Winnebago diesel pusher of your dreams and enjoy worry-free RVing with a 3-year/100,000-mile warranty!
So, one has to buy in this time frame to get the 3 year warranty??
Other wise , just a 1 year warranty?

DWRichard: Where in Steve's post did it say anything about Tiffin?
Old 03-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Sweet. Sighs me up for the grand tour model.... NOT....
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

LOL- they have more work to do than just a warranty to be competitive.
WAscubaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I've seen this kind of marketing scheme happen many times over the years when there's lots of consumer buzz about poor quality of a product. The manufacturer comes out with an extended warranty to help mask the issues. Hopefully, in the background, the manufacturer is working to resolve the quality issues.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hmmm. I bought my Winnebago new, thinking there was something special about the warranty coverage. Camping world and Winnebago authorized service centers all over! Rainbows and daisies! Then I needed them. Bad. First trip a water leak behind shower head buckled the floor. No luck getting in to ANY service center. Too busy, did not buy from them (for goodness sakes we were on a trip!), expect a callback (not!). I fixed the problem with a $2.00 part from Lowe's. Other surprises happened. Bottom line is the warranty is a nice sales instrument, but seems pretty much useless from a practical standpoint as soon as your wheels leave the lot. Love my coach! I am very good at fixing things. If I weren't "mechanical", I would be crazy now.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:10 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
So, one has to buy in this time frame to get the 3 year warranty??
Other wise , just a 1 year warranty?

DWRichard: Where in Steve's post did it say anything about Tiffin?
That's been the talk of the MH industry the past few months. Not quite accurate (which is the Winnie lie part) as Tiffin will only take their older-than-4-years coaches in an Express bay beginning next month, but they are clearly targeting Tiffin with this announcement.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I think part of this might also be related to the diesel manufacturing move from Iowa to Oregon. New people, new location, new opportunity. Yes, obviously a sales gimmick, too!
Old 03-02-2017, 11:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Our '04 Newmar had a 3 year warranty. They've dropped that, and that's one of the reasons I shopped Entegra when ready to upgrade.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

It's not the first time Winnebago offered the 3-year warranty for a new diesel. They also offered the same deal for any diesel purchased at the 2015 Hershey RV Show.

I'm somewhat surprised at the cynical comments about this offer. For whatever the reason (good marketing I should think), adding two additional years of coverage can only be a good thing

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:20 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Warrantys are good and the longer the better is best. As long as you don't have to use them.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
Warrantys are good and the longer the better is best. As long as you don't have to use them.
Hey, have you been going through my Winnebago repair-claims records, you know, the ones that are all stamped 'Paid by Customer'? -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Warranties are 1000% good until the purchase price ends up in the dealer's hands. Then, good luck!
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:22 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

From reading this thread, sounds like you all think the same about the automobile industry too; any company that ups the warranty period must have a nefarious scheme.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

What!? The diesels are moving to Oregon?
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:44 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Yup. New Country Coach rigs will be coming soon from the same place. All now part of Winnebago Ind. (the former, and now again, Country Coach factory).

2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511, Good Sam, Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:46 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
From reading this thread, sounds like you all think the same about the automobile industry too; any company that ups the warranty period must have a nefarious scheme.

The "scheme" is because this 3 year warranty OFFER is only available for a limited time. If they made it permanent, THAT would be newsworthy and a game changer for the industry.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:40 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

And it is only on the 2016 and 2017 new ones. The 2018s will not have this warranty as of now.
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote