Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2022, 04:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leveling jacks and slides don’t work

I have a 2005 Itasca that leveling jacks or slides will not work. The control panel for the leveling jacks seems to not have power. When pushing the “on” bottom nothing happens. The park brake light comes on when set. I have some led’s lit up on the HWH control panel. Seems like all control fuses are ok. However I can’t seem to find a control fuse for the HWH control panel? Should there be one? Any suggestions?
wvuee83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Do you have the engine running when you are trying to use the slides or jacks?
Old 05-06-2022, 07:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Yes
wvuee83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 09:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

A loose/broken ground (common or negative) wire is reported by the shop as having caused this problem in my rig. I had the complete Winn. wiring diagrams so they were able to trace.
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 03:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Laura View Post
A loose/broken ground (common or negative) wire is reported by the shop as having caused this problem in my rig. I had the complete Winn. wiring diagrams so they were able to trace.
Most people forget about the second-half of the circuit.
If we knew what model and brand leveling system he has I will provide the service manual, which has an excellent troubleshooting quide.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 05:17 PM   #6
Site Team

Since wvuee83 posted this a year and a half ago I'd hope this issue is just a bad memory now.

When using search for specific topics be sure to look at the dates on the posts you find. Many times on these old posts the original poster hasn't visited the site for years.

After this poster started this thread he's never once returned to check in.

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, slide