Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leveling Jack Issues with a new Intent

Is it expected that every time you use the leveling jacks you also must use blocks? Has anyone else experienced issues with the leveling jacks on the Intent 29L? It says it can adjust for a 3.5 degree offset, but can't handle 0.1 side-to-side and 0.7 front-to-back without the addition of blocks.

Thanks for any help!
samaclau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I am far from a leveling expert. I believe you may be over thinking the issue a little. Do you need blocks all the time the answer is no. Blocks do help increase the size of foot print. I use them if I feel the ground is to soft for the level pad its self. I have not experience a issue with ever having to add extra blocks to make the system to get the unit level. I you need to add say 2 inch of blocks to one jack to make your unit level I would be afraid of twisting the frame first.

Maybe someone with more knowledge with the jack system will chime in.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I find the Lippert system on my new to me unit is not very good at finding level as it often gets too fast on diagnostics and passes level. It just keeping raising one one or another until it reaches the end of the stroke and tells me it can't. At that point I go to manual and it levels okay. Just not a good system, perhaps?
Blocks are sometimes needed but that is when I can just look at a site and see that one corner may be way low, etc. It does not twist the frame to use a block under one corner as the jacks work in pairs and the block only makes that spot need less stroke while the pair lifts the weight together.
If you are getting a situation where the jacks go down, lift one end to level and then it extends the side to the point that the first end is no longer level, you might try going manual and going a bit slower. Mechanical brains are not always right!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaclau View Post
Is it expected that every time you use the leveling jacks you also must use blocks? Has anyone else experienced issues with the leveling jacks on the Intent 29L? It says it can adjust for a 3.5 degree offset, but can't handle 0.1 side-to-side and 0.7 front-to-back without the addition of blocks.

Thanks for any help!
We own a new Intent as well and we have also had problems with the self-leveling system. We thought about having the dealer look at it and perhaps recalibrate it next time it was in the shop, but then it seems to have gotten better. Not sure if it's really working better or if we're just using more level sites lately, though. Haha

We just purchased a set of Snap Pads (www.rvsnappad.com) that should arrive Friday. Looking forward to trying them out, as I'm not a big fan of metal feet on concrete / gravel site drives. An inch of rubber in between just makes sense to me. BTW - I added a set to the shopping cart on their web site to compare prices with Amazon, then exited out of their shopping cart without purchasing them. They then emailed me back with a $10 off coupon code. :-) I think I ended up paying $30 less than on Amazon.
Fritos55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling