Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2018, 03:50 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Used had more upgrade items for less money than new

All 3 of our class A units have been used. The first, a money pit coulda-shoulda-woulda from our obvious to seller lack of knowledge. Second was a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind we truly enjoyed but parts were becoming unavailable which forced us to change. We went diesel with a 2008 Winnebago Journey. Though it has all upgrades, we paid too much from, again, not doing our homework. The dealer WAS a friend we trusted to not gouge us after the fortune he got trying to repair the first disaster on, what did not blow out, wheels. Had the interior thoroughly cleaned, replaced mattress and bed covering accessories. We did take out extended warranty for the unknown but so far nothing major other than a rock taking out a window. We've had a blast, glad we went Winnebago. Learn from my mistakes! Decide what size/options you need, engine power depending where you plan to travel and look at as many as possible. When you narrow down, test drive and operate everything on it, don't forget heat and air, including dash system, and refrigerator. Don't hesitate to have a pro go through and check out. Make them the lowest reasonable price, and even a few counter ones. We couldn't afford new but I'm pleased with the 39z Journey, get complements everywhere we take it.
Liv4weekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4weekends View Post
All 3 of our class A units have been used. The first, a money pit coulda-shoulda-woulda from our obvious to seller lack of knowledge. Second was a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind we truly enjoyed but parts were becoming unavailable which forced us to change. We went diesel with a 2008 Winnebago Journey. Though it has all upgrades, we paid too much from, again, not doing our homework. The dealer WAS a friend we trusted to not gouge us after the fortune he got trying to repair the first disaster on, what did not blow out, wheels. Had the interior thoroughly cleaned, replaced mattress and bed covering accessories. We did take out extended warranty for the unknown but so far nothing major other than a rock taking out a window. We've had a blast, glad we went Winnebago. Learn from my mistakes! Decide what size/options you need, engine power depending where you plan to travel and look at as many as possible. When you narrow down, test drive and operate everything on it, don't forget heat and air, including dash system, and refrigerator. Don't hesitate to have a pro go through and check out. Make them the lowest reasonable price, and even a few counter ones. We couldn't afford new but I'm pleased with the 39z Journey, get complements everywhere we take it.

You wrote:

"The dealer WAS a friend we trusted to not gouge us after the fortune he got trying to repair the first disaster on, what did not blow out, wheels."

I'm not sure I follow. What happened to the Journey? What was the disaster?

Just curious.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:31 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Disaster was a Sea Breeze, I think 1999, no slides.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

The Journey is our current.