Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Just purchased a 2106FBS from Harrison RV-Jefferson, Iowa

Will pick up a new 2020 2106FBS some time during the 1st two weeks of July. The travel trailer is still at the factory under construction. Got a great deal and really looking forward to making the 186 mile trip to pick it up. The deal includes a Fastway 94-00-1000 WDH that the dealer strongly recommended. Sure hope it works out. My TV is a 2019 GMC Canyon with the 2.8L Diesel with a tow package.
Very excited to take delivery but yet apprehensive on how this is will all turn out.
Before retuning home, my wife and me plan to camp for a few days not from from the dealership just to see if everything works. I've read horror stories about all the problems with new TT. Anyway, really like the advice and suggestions from the folks on this forum. All of you have a safe/enjoyable camping season.
grogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Rogers, "plan to camp for a few days not from the dealership just to see if everything works"

...makes a great deal of sense. I would have probably driven 1,000 mi to save $500 and got home with issues. Good luck to you.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

good luck on your decision buying from Harrison rv. We got our new 29ve from them last fall...good deal with no hassle..They performed a pre-delivery inspection and everything worked as it should...
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetstuff View Post
Rogers, "plan to camp for a few days not from the dealership just to see if everything works"

...makes a great deal of sense. I would have probably driven 1,000 mi to save $500 and got home with issues. Good luck to you.

Jim
Hi Jim, we saved over $3700 by going out of state. Local dealer would not budge.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniram View Post
good luck on your decision buying from Harrison rv. We got our new 29ve from them last fall...good deal with no hassle..They performed a pre-delivery inspection and everything worked as it should...
Thanks for your response. Gives me confidence in the dealer.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:32 PM   #6
PIC
Winnebago Owner

We bought a 2017 in 2018 also out of State. We live in Fl but bought in Ohio where we we're going anyway. To date we have put 10,000 miles on it by the time we get home from the West Coast in October it will be over 15k miles. Now mind ya, I don't always have the best of luck but our 2106FBS has been a real pleasure. Perfect size and very comfortable for two. I did trade out, before this year's trip, all 4 tires. Too many horror stories on the China bombs (tires). Be sure to keep the tires properly inflated. It tows, HWDSystem required, like a champ. We are towing with a 2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7. The fact the unit is only 7' wide is a major factor in the towing. I continue to average 12 MPG at 64-66 MPH. One word of advice, DO NOT LET THEM RUSH YOU THROUGH THE WALK THROUGH. It's confusing enough without being rushed. Make them explain anything and everything that's on your mind. AND politely declined the guided tour through the retail store where I think the walk through guy gets a commission. Make notes and buy the stuff or better a Amazon. Final thing to consider a power surge protector. Pick up a Progressive Industry EMS-PT30x 30amp EMS with surge protection. Don't get the light weight version get this one about $250. It saved my tail once and the company does stand behind the product. I know form experience. Okay that's what come to mind. Hope you enjoy yours like we do ours. PAT
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:58 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Please buy a surge protector to protect your inverter when you plug into different parks. Also make sure your bed is attached to the front wall correctly. We had problems with this, but the company corrected the problem while we were under warranty. Also add padding to the wall behind the couch where the table sits. Rough roads can tear things up when the table is bouncing around. I also added a back splash to the wall next to the refrigerator that protects the wall from grease splatters. We tow our unit with a 3.5 liter Explorer and have not problems. You will have no problems with your little diesel. We just made a round trip journey to Glacier National Park from Charlevoix, Mi. This was a fabulous trip and we enjoyed our 2106fbs very much. Have fun. Make sure you have a good weight distribution system. Ours is wonderful.
Yours, Ken Storm
kenstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:28 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Good people

After looking for months and searching nationwide we found the best price on our Micro-Minnie trailer at Harrison RV. I also liked the no BS way Mark dealt with us. Since then we sold the trailer and bought a View from them.

No problems with either one on delivery. Took the time to explain everything.

Have worked with them on parts and service and been very pleased. Lucky for us they are only about an hour from our home.
ArtistsView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We bought our 2108DS from Harrison RV (Iowa) this Spring....and cannot say enough great things regarding their top-notch professional staff and service people...what an awesome, happy group of professionals. We have not had a single issue with the unit since we bought it. They did a great job getting it ready, and will help you with any needs, are not pushy at all, and have very fair prices. I heartily recommend! I love the 2108DS, but all the Minis are awesome.... love the 7' width and slide out.
ScopeDope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:49 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Its interesting to read all these comments as my wife and I bought a very slightly used 2017 2106DS this spring. Tow it with a 2019 Toyota Highlander 3.5 V6 and it seems to tow just fine. Due to the very rainy spring and various family stuff we have only had one weekend out so far, but are leaving at the end of next week for about 6 weeks on the road. We also feel that this is just the ideal camper for a couple and look forward to many enjoyable travels.
Ranald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase