Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2005, 05:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Just got back from a three week trip to the Factory to have all of the warranty work done. Overall it was a great experience! I have only purchased one other new coach and it also was a Bago so I have no way to compare factory service, but the frendly staff there is in my opinion the best!!!
They assign you you tech for the entire process, you get to him at 6:30am. and if want your coach back at night to live in its there for you at 3:30pm. I talked with my tech and since it was 0 to 5 degrees at night it made more sense for me to tour around and motel it for the first four days so the coach was ready and warm to work on first thing in the morning and it acually gave them one extra hour a day to work on it.
My fixit list was almost 48 items long and every one was addressed, fixed and documented. Most of the items were simple fixes that were just poor quality control inspection in the end process. They also replaced things like heavier springs on the HWH jacks And resealed the front roof cap with better screws and a sealant. As for now I am completely satisfied with the whole winnebago expierence!
A few of the trip tid bits:
a}4800 miles traveled
b}6.8 miles per gallon
c}68 miles per hour average
d}Toad in tow with 4 people fully loaded(all christmas shoping got done)
e}$2.35gal average fuel cost

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just got back from a three week trip to the Factory to have all of the warranty work done. Overall it was a great experience! I have only purchased one other new coach and it also was a Bago so I have no way to compare factory service, but the frendly staff there is in my opinion the best!!!
They assign you you tech for the entire process, you get to him at 6:30am. and if want your coach back at night to live in its there for you at 3:30pm. I talked with my tech and since it was 0 to 5 degrees at night it made more sense for me to tour around and motel it for the first four days so the coach was ready and warm to work on first thing in the morning and it acually gave them one extra hour a day to work on it.
My fixit list was almost 48 items long and every one was addressed, fixed and documented. Most of the items were simple fixes that were just poor quality control inspection in the end process. They also replaced things like heavier springs on the HWH jacks And resealed the front roof cap with better screws and a sealant. As for now I am completely satisfied with the whole winnebago expierence!
A few of the trip tid bits:
a}4800 miles traveled
b}6.8 miles per gallon
c}68 miles per hour average
d}Toad in tow with 4 people fully loaded(all christmas shoping got done)
e}$2.35gal average fuel cost

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Old 12-10-2005, 06:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

0 to 5 degrees! Ben - you are crazy Man that's a long trip. I calculate 705 gallons and let's see, $1,658 thereabouts for fuel. Actually that sounds like a great exchange since your punch list got punched out!

I can't ever remember reading about somebody that has had a bad factory service experience.

I'm going to have a list (not 48 though!) of things to get done while we are up there; like you most are little things that could have been prevented with better quality control on the production line or in the shops.

HWH sent me some new springs to try for my slow jack retraction problem; I'm going to give it a shot changing them myself. We'll see how that works out!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 07:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It was a long trip but well worth it since I forgot to mention that during the trip we visited Canyon DeChelly(incredible) , Mesa Verde, Four Corners Monument, Durango Co., Historic Santa Fe NM., Great Arch Pioneer History display over hwy 80 Nebraska, Mall of America, Spam Mueseum, Hoover dam and Las Vegas to end it all! And another thing is that with the long list of items I'm positive the dealer would have had my coach for 2 or 3 months.

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Old 12-10-2005, 08:19 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Ben,as I wait for the Vectra the DW and I are making plans for a trip in July, up through PA (her siblings visit),then OH Amish,Frankenmuth MI,Mall of America and then the Winnie Factory.
Hopefully there won't be anything to do at the factory but sightsee,but if there's anything to fix I will have called and made an appointment.

Thanks for the factory visit post.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Be careful planning to make an apointment in July. This is when the GNR is held there. I think there are 2 weeks set just for people coming to the GNR. SO you can't get service unless your in the WIT group.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:31 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks....as we get things ironed out and closer I will check into that.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:38 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have an Appt. in Sept. 2020 for service under a warranty we bought when we bought the coach brand-new in 2015. We have many questions about our upcoming visit.
1. Since we will have an empty frig. as per instructions, we plan on staying at a motel and renting a car since we do not have TOAD and allow them to have access until our list is done. Therefore, we need recommendations for motels in the area and are rental cars available in the area?
More questions as we are curious...good recommendations in above posts and will use them to good effect...thanking y’all in advance
Uncle Albert is offline   Reply With Quote