Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-28-2021, 06:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Jensen AV too complex

Greetings fellow Winnie owners. I've got a 2017 Paseo with a Jensen JWM9A, Stereo unit with DVD and TV. I'm an old hand at hooking up and using stereo systems integrated with TVs and DVDs, etc. For the life of me, I can't understand the complex controller or the unit controls. It's far too complex. I've read the manuals and seen YouTube, but it doesn't work either consistently or well or at all some times. I WANT TO REPLACE IT with something that simplifies a task that should already be a no-brainer. Jensen would be fine if they realized the error of their ways and have a new unit that can replace that darned JWM9A.
Any suggestions, please?
Ron
St. Louis
Winnebago Paseo 2017 22
Rgossen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgossen View Post
Greetings fellow Winnie owners. I've got a 2017 Paseo with a Jensen JWM9A, Stereo unit with DVD and TV. I'm an old hand at hooking up and using stereo systems integrated with TVs and DVDs, etc. For the life of me, I can't understand the complex controller or the unit controls. It's far too complex. I've read the manuals and seen YouTube, but it doesn't work either consistently or well or at all some times. I WANT TO REPLACE IT with something that simplifies a task that should already be a no-brainer. Jensen would be fine if they realized the error of their ways and have a new unit that can replace that darned JWM9A.
Any suggestions, please?
Ron
St. Louis
Winnebago Paseo 2017 22
Have you tried using the smartphone app with the Jensen?

We have the 70a in our Fuse and we only use it to play DVDs for the TV but the smartphone app has made that a lot easier. The standard remote for the Jensen is a pain but the smartphone app is much clearer and easier to use.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Jensen AV

I just looked at the app and am looking forward to trying it, although it gets poor ratings in the App Store. Anything that works is better than what I've got now. And, my model is applicable with the app. We'll see. Thanks a lot.
Rgossen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgossen View Post
I just looked at the app and am looking forward to trying it, although it gets poor ratings in the App Store. Anything that works is better than what I've got now. And, my model is applicable with the app. We'll see. Thanks a lot.
The app is not great, but it does seem a bit easier to use than either the controls on the front of our Jensen (7A) or the remote that came with it. Of course we only use it for watching DVDs and it does not have all of the functionality of the regular remote, but it is much easier to use and does pretty much everything we need. Plus it is Bluetooth and so does not require line of sight to work and that is important to use because we have the bedroom slide and you can not see the Jensen from the bedroom slide.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote