Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

It's official, No longer own a Winnebago

It is with mixed emotions that we will be saying goodbye today to our trusty Winnebago Journey. It has taken us on many fun trips over the past 7 years of ownership. We had opportunity to trade up a bit to a larger coach in prep for upcoming retirement travels. We will now be traveling in a 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 42'. For sure, whomever buys the Journey from the dealer will get a well-maintained and fully loved coach.

The Journey was our second motorhome and our first DP. We have enjoyed the help and friendship of many on this forum and I hope to continue to contribute in any way I can to other Winnebago owners. I believe Winnebago is one of the best, especially with the tremendous amount of technical information available to owners. Bryan Funke at Winnebago Industries is top notch and has always been helpful whenever I've needed his assistance.

I will have a lot to learn about this new-to-us coach since it is much more complex and full-featured than our Journey. I am sure the folks in the Country Coach owners forum will be as helpful as the many great folks here.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Gary;

It was with mixed emotions this morning when I read your post. It caused me to reminisce how you and Julia became friends with Bev and I. When I hosted my first coffee hour at a iRV2 Rally you dropped off a container of coffee and offered to help me anyway you could. Over the years we became trusted friends and I expect that to continue. You have been a great contributer to this forum and we won't forget your contribution as there are 3 stickies at the top of this forum reminding us.

Bev and I wish the best to you and Julia in your upcoming retirement and we are looking forward to meeting up with both of you in the near future because we want to see your new to you coach. Please pop in to the Winnebago & Freightliner Chat Rooms as you feel like staying in touch. You have always been a great contributer there also.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Gary, I've followed your fixes and upgrades faithfully since joining this forum and will surely miss your helpful contributions. On the other hand, I'm sure that the folks over on the Country Coach forum will welcome you with open arms.
I hope you and your DW enjoy your retirement and new coach. I for one am looking forward to your upcoming threads on projects being done on your new coach.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Gary,

Congratulations on your new coach. I know you and Julia and the pooches will love it! It's a beauty. I also know you are anxiously awaiting driving it away from the dealer in the next day or so. Then your excitement of driving that nice tag axle and enjoying the new systems in the new coach will become reality.

Don't worry, though, as us Winnebago owners are good sorts. We even allow SOB's, especially now that YOU'RE now in that club.

Best wishes to you and Julia on your new coach. See you on the road!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Gary:Congratulations. I'll miss your knowledge and wisdom as you have helped me many times over the years. You have picked a great coach and with your retirement you will be able to use it much more than you have the Winny. Don't be a stranger to this forum. Don't forget to visit our great state of Arizona.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Wow, gonna miss you. You've helped me more than you know with tire issues and on and on. I think you have been everywhere on the Journey as I have on my Horizon. Good luck and I hope it's kinder to you than the Journey was. I believe whomever buys you Journey will get a nearly new couch.
Richard
Old 04-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Gosh Gary, I just got to meet you on IRV2 and now I lose you. I feel a lose even though we barely know each other. What chassis to they use?? Will we still see you on IRV2 someplace?? I certainly will miss future fixes.
But, glad to hear you have a new motorhome to enjoy. Many happy miles and travels to you..... see you down the road.
>> Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
Gosh Gary, I just got to meet you on IRV2 and now I lose you. I feel a lose even though we barely know each other. What chassis to they use?? Will we still see you on IRV2 someplace?? I certainly will miss future fixes.
But, glad to hear you have a new motorhome to enjoy. Many happy miles and travels to you..... see you down the road.
>> Dennis
Dennis, for sure I will still be around. I have 9 years of Winnebago ownership and will still want to help Winne owners with issues and keep up with the wonderful folks on this forum.

Country Coach built their own proprietary chassis called a Dynomax. It uses many of the same parts as others....Neway suspensions, Koni shocks, Cat or Cummins engines, Allison trans. The coach feels really solid on the road with no squeaks or rattles. The dealer told me the Cummins was the 400 hp version but as I have read through the original owner's paperwork, I have discovered that one of the options he added in 2007 was the 425hp Cummins.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Gary
I am very happy for you, but also sad that I will miss seeing you, Julia and the pups in MB.
I had hoped that we would be home when you came, but we will miss you by a week.
As you prepare for more travel your selection of the CC will prove to be a good one.
Please do not forget your friends on the Winne Forum as you have so much good information to offer.
Hopefully we can meet you in MB in the fall and have a good Philly Cheese steak.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by depchief View Post
Gary
I am very happy for you, but also sad that I will miss seeing you, Julia and the pups in MB.
I had hoped that we would be home when you came, but we will miss you by a week.
As you prepare for more travel your selection of the CC will prove to be a good one.
Please do not forget your friends on the Winne Forum as you have so much good information to offer.
Hopefully we can meet you in MB in the fall and have a good Philly Cheese steak.
Beau, rest assured we will be eating a cheese steak together soon.

They sold the Journey while Julia and I were finalizing the paperwork on the CC. We discovered a problem with the clothes dryer in our first night in the CC. A tech from the dealer came over and checked it, noting the problem. They will either repair or replace it tomorrow and we hope to be on the road to OL by late Monday or early Tuesday.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Gary,

I hate to see you leave us. I have enjoyed chatting with you and reading you always informative posts. I also appreciate the tip on Commercial Refinishers a couple of years ago.

I looked over on the Country Coach forum and saw you were already at work over there. I think you will enjoy the CC, it's a nice coach. I was offered one at a give away price while my Horizon was being painted and couldn't figure out a way to support two motorhomes, even for a short time.

Best of luck and I'll keep in touch.

Dale Mitchell

2002 Itasca Horizon 32TD
Roadking52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago