Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Items Not Covered by the Manual

We have a 2016 Sightseer. We are currently out touring for four months. I have a couple of questions I am trying to get answered that I could not find in the manual. I was on the hold with the Winnebago Tech Support line this afternoon for almost an hour, when I was cut off because it was closing time. Anyway here goes.

1. Our Sightseer has two 12-volt power point plugs on the dash. What is the maximum amps supported by each plug?

2. We have the Xantrex 1000 watt inverter. According to the manual, this inverter operates the refrigerator when driving down the road. What the manual does not say is if the inverter must be switched on first or does the frig automatically draws power from the inverter. Anyone know?

3. The slide out in which the couch and chair sit is operated by a slide out system that is not enclosed by a compartment as stated in the owners’ manual. The compartments are attached to the slide and with the slide out in, the offer some protection but still road dirt still manages to get to the S/O components. I understand that there are some other Winnebago models (not all) that have the same set-up. Any suggestions on keeping it clean? I was thinking of using just a hose and maybe a brush to minimize any buildup of dirt. Also to keep it lubricated, I was thing of using silicone and or some sort of ceramic based lube. Any thoughts or ideas on this?
Also with regard to the slide, any ideas of fabricating something to offer more protection. I made a shield before the trip to reduce the occurrence of anything thrown up be the front passenger tire but would like to make something a little more protective.
Thanks
Ed
Old 05-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

2. It has to be turned on or it can't supply any power. When the refrigerator's compressor needs to run it will draw whatever power it needs. When it shuts off, it'll draws almost nothing. Think of it like a regular home outlet. There's always power available, even when it's not used.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You'll have to figure out how they are wired to know for sure but mine (2013 Journey) are fused at 15 amps. They can not however support 15 amps because they are not wired with heavy enough gauge wire and if you draw even 10 amps there is more than 2 volts drop and many loads don't like running at 10 volts or less.

From my experience I would say 10 amps max but probably safer to use only 7.5 amps.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I would need to know more to be sure. One of our Power Gear rams is outside and I spray the turning parts with CRC lubricant and the ram parts with dry lithium lubricant. I also spray the cable tray for the power lines with dry lithium. I am thinking of switching to dry silicon when the lithium runs out.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

ed rzepka
1) I'm pretty sure the 12-volt power point plugs are fed from the Ford Battery Junction Box (BJB) fuse F22 which is a 20 amp fuse.
2) Your inverter will not operator the refrigerator in your 33C which is a gas absorption refrigerator. The manual was written to cover all models and the 36Z has a residential refrigerator and comes with a 2000 watt inverter which will run the refigerator in that coach.
3) Can't help here.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
ed rzepka
2) Your inverter will not operator the refrigerator in your 33C which is a gas absorption refrigerator. The manual was written to cover all models and the 36Z has a residential refrigerator and comes with a 2000 watt inverter which will run the refigerator in that coach.
Grant:

Actually the manual specifically addresses the inverter powering gas absorption refrigerators. It actually addresses "GAS", "ELECTRIC" AND "GAS" modes. Section 6-3 and 6-4 of Sightseer Manual.

ed
Old 05-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizerEd View Post

I would need to know more to be sure. One of our Power Gear rams is outside and I spray the turning parts with CRC lubricant and the ram parts with dry lithium lubricant. I also spray the cable tray for the power lines with dry lithium. I am thinking of switching to dry silicon when the lithium runs out.

cruizerEd

Do you ever clean it in anyway? Like hosing it down with water or brushing it? Or do you just use the lubricant?

ed
Old 05-19-2016, 09:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizerEd View Post

You'll have to figure out how they are wired to know for sure but mine (2013 Journey) are fused at 15 amps. They can not however support 15 amps because they are not wired with heavy enough gauge wire and if you draw even 10 amps there is more than 2 volts drop and many loads don't like running at 10 volts or less.

From my experience I would say 10 amps max but probably safer to use only 7.5 amps.
cruiserEd

All I could find in the F-53 owners manual is a reference to a 20A fuse for a "Cigar Lighter Feed". I have two power points. I probably will try and contact Winnebago again unless someone knows for sure.

ed
Old 05-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

ed rzepka, The statement on page 6.5 about the refrigerator is not true and miss leading.
Your 1000 watt inverter is not wired to the refrigerator recept.
The statement is in the part talking about the 2000 watt inverter connected to a residential refrigerator which we all know does not have a gas mode.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:40 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Not yet. It has only minor road spray. If I go through road salt I will probably rinse it then but otherwise I think butin water on it will not help.

BTW I lube both of them the inside one two.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
ed rzepka, The statement on page 6.5 about the refrigerator is not true and miss leading.
Your 1000 watt inverter is not wired to the refrigerator recept.
The statement is in the part talking about the 2000 watt inverter connected to a residential refrigerator which we all know does not have a gas mode.
This won't be the first thing in the manual that I have read that is flat wrong or misleading. I'll see Monday when we pull out.

Tags
ems, manual