Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2022, 06:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Itasca Meridian front Hood

I have mostly seen front hoods for rigs like my 2004 Itasca Meridian, which have swooshes or some decorative design on them. Mine is a grey and white US Flag style hood. I have nothing against a flag, certainly the US flag, but it seems out of place. I am wondering if it is a replacement because of a mishap.

I have toyed with taking it off the rig, and sending it to my incredibly gifted oldest sun, for something like a paint over. Being musically biased to Grateful Dead genre, I might ask him to replicate the "Trucking off to Buffalo" album theme, since we also live near Buffalo. But my guess is that doing that on an RV, rather than a 1968 Microbus is probably considered too tacky by DW.

So does anyone know the genesis of the US flag hood? (The previous owner was a Vietnam Vet. ) After market replacement hood? Greater significance? And what have others done.

Tags
itasca