Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-31-2021, 09:34 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I called every Authorized Winnebago dealer within 150miles of where I was at on the road. nobody could see or check on the issue for at least 3 weeks! Some were 3 months out! I found one that was Authorized by Winnebago, but later found out not on their class A’s, yet they were Authorized to warranty Newmar. Go figure. They told me they couldn’t get me in for a few days to do a roof seal and longer to replace the inverter and any other issues. I disregarded the conversation and went in anyways. I went in and told the service manager I was looking for a hero, was on month 3 of a 6 month trip and needed my leaky roof fixed. The Manager was awesome and pulled one of his top employees off a job and put him on my roof. The employee said it looked like a 3yr old sealed the roof, I agreed. There was a larger than life gap at the skylight, screws on the rear deck, gap in the solar panel mount. The rear red running/stop lights had zero silicone around them and lifted up with ease. $275 dollars and a case of caulk later the roof was resealed and I was on my way. There was no time for anything else from that very nice dealer whom couldn’t preform Warranty work on my class A either way. As far as the hatch’s go it looks like it’s not as simple as a readjustment as they are screwed in on the hinge and it actually looks like the door itself has a slight Bow...slight bow cause I g a minor gap and uptight seal. So...... I put blue tape on it when it’s gonna dump when we’re driving and out the awning out about a foot when we are parked in the rain. As for the vertex? It’s rusted at the plugs and doesn’t turn on at all. Can’t find a breaker for the life on me and assume it’s shot.

Can’t wait to tell everyone about the misfire on cylinder 3,7,8 all the coils and wires I had replaced yesterday, by an awesome Ford dealer. Highly recommend Apple Ford in Columbia,MD (Code history states number 3 plug and wire were replaced in route from manufacturer to dealer) The air conditioner hose’s we crossed back over or the 2 quarts of differential fluid we put in the rear yesterday as well. even after it was filled prior to me receiving the coach. There’s a few more issue and anther leak but it’s mainly quality control and poor craftsmanship. As far as liking and enjoying the coach??? I do.

I figure I’ll address the bulk of the issues when we arrive home in another month or so. 5 months in on a trip right now and don’t have time for a few months wait.

2021 Adventurer 29b 6,700miles
Cake sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 11:30 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldsndrs View Post
I purchased my 2021 Winnebago Adventurer in Indiana in which I live in Ohio 225 miles away. On the way home two of the four lenses off the front clearance lights blew off! Contacted Winnebago Warranty and their response was go thru your dealer. I ordered them from Litchen for $4 each replaced them myself. Next dash AC blowing 80+ degrees. Known problem, once again no help from Winnebago I figured out they crossed the manifold hoses during assembly. Next sky light leaking over shower. I crawl up and observed the worst chalking I’ve ever seen. I fixed that. Next comes Ford! First all which is illegal for Winnebago, Ford, and the dealer sold me a new RV without completing a outstanding recall of the rear-end. Recall issued March 24th and I drove off the lot in April. Every shop I have contacted and even Ford customer service can complete the recall within 1-3 months. I’m driving until it burns to the ground. One last thing! I was driving to Michigan from Ohio and check engine light starting flashing. I immediately call Ford Customer Service and could only find a repair shop 90 miles away. If I took their advice repair could have been in the thousands. I went to autozone purchased a OBD reader and immediately show a misfire cylinder number 3 ( again known issue) I went to local Ford dealer and replaced the spark plug wires (total for OBD and wires $250) once again no help.

It seems our coaches were made the same Friday afternoon. The skylight leak and lack of caulk is beyond, lacking serious basic quality control and oversight. Check your inverter out, mine is rusty on the plugs and ports and does not work. I’ll bet the ranch it’s from the skylight leaking. Any screws poking up through the floor? I have one near the bathroom door. Check your slide out protection control plate in the lower compartment. They used self tapping metal screws instead of wood screws. Obvious amateur mistake, using self tapping metal screws on wood. Mine fell right off, easy fix.
Cake sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:01 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago 27N with V8 F53 Chassis

Have had issues with the dash A/C. Winnebago switched the hoses and get hot air when under power. Winnebago sent a letter that they will pay for costs of repair. Winnebago service center told me it was a Ford issue and Ford told me it was a Winnebago issue. Went around and around for 9 months before the Winnebago service center admitted it was a Winnebago repair.

Do others have a problem with the rear end differential?

I took mine to a Ford commercial vehicle repair center in Portland, Ore (200 miles away, nobody in the Seattle area would work on it!? They told me that they could not find problem noise I was hearing. I drove it and also could not reproduce the noise which occurred when starting from a dead stop. I asked if they checked the rear differential fluid level, they did not.

Now I have a blinking check engine light. When shifting down for a hill, a tinny noise came out the exhaust system. Engine stutters under load. Check engine light goes away when on the flat or downhill but comes on under load. Had to leave it 120 miles away on the other side of Snoqualmie Pass in Washington State. Could not find the OBD port. Any suggestions for repair? How long is the Ford power train warranty?
faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:11 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust View Post
Do others have a problem with the rear end differential?
Early V8 F53 chassis were delivered with too little fluid in the rear differential and this lead to hundreds of motorhomes of all manufacturers being recalled to have the differentials replaced.

It is a completely well known issue. However, the problem was corrected at the factory for all future chassis being built. I’ve not heard of differential issues on chassis built after that fix was effected.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:03 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust View Post
Now I have a blinking check engine light. When shifting down for a hill, a tinny noise came out the exhaust system. Engine stutters under load. Check engine light goes away when on the flat or downhill but comes on under load. Had to leave it 120 miles away on the other side of Snoqualmie Pass in Washington State. Could not find the OBD port. Any suggestions for repair? How long is the Ford power train warranty?
Your check engine light could be the spark plug wires. Another known problem with the early Ford V-8's. Check this link for more info:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/2021...ue-528867.html

OBD port is up under the dash to the left of the steering column and brake pedal. Close to the top of the fuse panel that is by your left foot.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 11:05 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

Heater Hoses Reversed

Times 3 for Winnebago REVERSING the heater hoses that feed the dash A/C unit.

This took several repair visits and $$$ before the problem was found. The hot water was overwhelming the A/C coolant, causing warm air from the vents.

Such a simple thing to check for quality control on the Winnebago production line... also, Ford could color-code the hoses on the stripped chassis, and make them more idiot proof!

Tags
vent, adventurer