Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Interior lightbulb replacement

I am the new owner of a 2012 View 24G. I'd like to replace the incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs. As I see nothing referenced in the Operator's Manual or Supplement, nor screws holding the faceplates in place, how does one remove the interior light cover or the fixtures themselves. RicM
RicM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicM View Post
I am the new owner of a 2012 View 24G. I'd like to replace the incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs. As I see nothing referenced in the Operator's Manual or Supplement, nor screws holding the faceplates in place, how does one remove the interior light cover or the fixtures themselves. RicM
most of the lens are twist off....apply pressure upwards and twist, it should be as little as a 1/4 turn. As far as replacing from incandescent, that might be a little difficult....you make have to buy kits to make that change, but if you are going from incandescent to halogen, that is easy.Check on line for the conversion kits...I believe each light must have diodes to use led.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you very much! I'll give the pressure and twist and see what happens. As you suggest, replacement may not be easily possible. I'll find out tomorrow afternoon.
RicM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #4
Former Winnebago Owner

Installing LED bulbs is a great project for reducing 12V energy usage and reducing heat within the fixtures. Once you have the lens off and bulb in hand go to Ebay and start looking for replacements. With the exception of fluorescent fixtures the LED bulbs will be plug and play - if the bulbs don't work remove and insert rotated 180 degrees they are polarity sensitive. Be sure to buy bulbs rated for 12-24V. I found the 12V rated bulbs while cheaper would soon begin flickering and quit. When I questioned one of the Chinese sellers I purchased them from about the problem I was informed that by installing them in a 12+V system I burnt them out. Since our 12V systems can run up past 13.5V go for the 12-24V rated bulbs. You will find LED bulbs in every price range imaginable. Keep in mind most LED chips are manufactured in China, though some bulbs may be assembled in America from Chinese LED chips and drivers. Point is that unless you have deep pockets this may be a time to forgo the "Made in America" position and make do with the Chinese parts. Another fun thing to consider is bulb light temperature. You can find bulbs that vary from yellow incandescent to bright white in color - the higher the temperature the whiter the light.

Good luck & have fun
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, light, replace, replacement