Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We just returned from several hours at the St. Louis RV show at which our WIT club members try to assist our sponsoring local dealer in explaining the RV lifestyle to attendees.
Once again, the ladies in our club are quite dissatisfied with the colors available in the interior of ALL of the Winnebago units displayed (from the Destination down to the View). The biggest complaint seems to be the dark upholstery and cabinitry available in the Winnebago models.
Conversely, they liked all of the Itasca interiors (displayed by another area dealer). We are wondering if Winnebago is hearing this complaint from others.
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We just returned from several hours at the St. Louis RV show at which our WIT club members try to assist our sponsoring local dealer in explaining the RV lifestyle to attendees.
Once again, the ladies in our club are quite dissatisfied with the colors available in the interior of ALL of the Winnebago units displayed (from the Destination down to the View). The biggest complaint seems to be the dark upholstery and cabinitry available in the Winnebago models.
Conversely, they liked all of the Itasca interiors (displayed by another area dealer). We are wondering if Winnebago is hearing this complaint from others.
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Our Fleetwood had maple cabinets and light colors. They offered the same coach with cherry and dark colors. Not sure why Winnebago didn't do the same with the Destination. We prefer the lighter colors but are starting to get used to the darker interior.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

From what I've seen on Winnebago's web page, I also would not like the interior colors or the design of the cabinets in some of the new coaches. However, I don't envy the designers at Winnebago trying to select colors, fabrics, etc. that will appeal to the majority of their customers.

I would think their best bet would be to offer one light and one dark cabinet option and keep fabric colors as neutral as possible.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j griff:
Conversely, they liked all of the Itasca interiors (displayed by another area dealer). We are wondering if Winnebago is hearing this complaint from others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had multiple RV's over the last 15 years and all my units have been light interior colors with light color cabinets. I guess the 'grass is always greener' since I've always liked the darker colors and dark cabinets. Maybe if I owned one, I'd want 'light'! I notice alot of the really high-end (ultimate luxury) units usually have dark cabinets.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We've had light wood and now dark wood and have to say I always said no dark wood however the dark is fine and I'm happy with it. We always have had light fabric though and there is where the real difference is. No way could I live with dark wood and dark fabric. UGH. Actually the light fabric seems to be the easiest to "redecorate" since it's almost a neutral no matter the color.

But let's face it no matter the color of the wood or the fabric not everyone will like it. I wish instead of trying to be trendy matching the wood/fabric they would just use better quality wood, fabric and carpet. If they did that I do believe the complaints would decrease.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

When we where at GNR and they brought the new coaches to look at and it did not take long that everybody let them know about those colors and everything else. Very depressing. Not only that,they cut back on a lot of things. They have black and white monitors for one thing. If I wanted to trade my Journey in and it's 04 I would be down grading. I forgot they do not make a 34FT. anymore. They really messed up
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

The salesman we have bought both of our MH's from told us to look at the MH's in the day and then again at night. Night time is when you notice how dark it really is with dark wood and dark furnishings. We really like the new floorplan and are adjusting to the darker interior.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

We had been looking at new Winnies since purchasing our '00 Jorney in '01. I have to say (and DW agrees) that the colors Winnie has offered both inside and outside (did ya see that Turquoise outside color?) weren't too appealing, at least to us. I have felt for a long time that Winnie needs to fire their interior decorators and designers. Other manufacturers, such as Monaco, I believe have done a much more tasteful design on both the interior and exterior (I'll stick to my Winnie, though).

I must admit that we liked the colors in the '07 model year the best -- guess that's why we bought a new one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote