Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2022, 11:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Infotainment system CD Problem

Question about Infotainment system and I'm certain it's probably be asked before but I am a newbie owner and this system is baffling!@#$% Anyway first the backup camera was not working so brought it into the shop where they tried to fix but said they couldn't do anything and they did get it to work intermittently. After this past weekend the camera seems to to working fine but the CD/DVD player was not working. CD was stuck in unit and there was no DVD icon on screen. We took it apart yesterday and was able to get CD out. Put unit back in and now there is DVD icon on screen but cannot get CD to insert!! Shop says they can get a new unit but there are no units available with CD player. I realize that CD players are 'old school' but I like to listen to audio books when driving. Does anyone have any ideas on how to unfreeze CD player so I can insert a disk?

Thanks in advance
JimSandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 05:02 PM   #2
Site Team

In a previous post about your issue with the CD player you mentioned that it was a Jensen 970.

Keep in mind that Winnebago has used half a dozen or more infotainment systems and brands in the past. So, when asking for help it's vital you mention that info.

I looked up the Jensen 970 but see no provision for a camera monitor - so perhaps that Jensen you mentioned previously is not the infotainment system you are referring to. That Jensen looks like a "radio" that is not installed in a dash and it it for other use.

Could you get back to us and tell us exactly what brand and model you are talking about?

It's also VERY helpful each time you ask for help or advise that you tell us the Year, Model and Floorplan ID of the RV you are asking about. The more info we have the more help we can be.

You can be sure we want to help - we just need you to help us by providing as much detail as possible.
Old 10-26-2022, 07:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
In a previous post about your issue with the CD player you mentioned that it was a Jensen 970.

Keep in mind that Winnebago has used half a dozen or more infotainment systems and brands in the past. So, when asking for help it's vital you mention that info.

I looked up the Jensen 970 but see no provision for a camera monitor - so perhaps that Jensen you mentioned previously is not the infotainment system you are referring to. That Jensen looks like a "radio" that is not installed in a dash and it it for other use.

Could you get back to us and tell us exactly what brand and model you are talking about?

It's also VERY helpful each time you ask for help or advise that you tell us the Year, Model and Floorplan ID of the RV you are asking about. The more info we have the more help we can be.

You can be sure we want to help - we just need you to help us by providing as much detail as possible.
No not a Jensen but an Infotainment Center from RiverPark. 2015 Sprinter Navion 24J Is there any other info I can get for you. Would a picture help?
Old 10-26-2022, 10:23 PM   #4
Site Team

The info on your infotainment system is in your Operator’s Manual. It sounds like it is an Xite system. Could you look and verify that’s what you are talking about?

Riverpark is pretty good with telephone support. Perhaps you could give them a call and see if they can help you with the CD issue.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yes it is the Xite system and the manual does not have an answer to my problem. I will contact River Park. Thanks
Old 10-27-2022, 11:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Well I contacted RiverPark and they said that they are no longer allowed to refurbish or repair devices with DVD/CD players. They told me to use a Bluetooth device. I find it much easier to pop in a disk than to have to program an iPod or iPhone, connect it with Bluetooth and then find what I want to play before I even get started on my trip.