Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH - I give them an F-MINUS !

I recently had a problem with a leveler that would not retract ,and after reading & searching found no real solution.
Thinking the seals were bad , I considered buying a new one, but after 20 years, the model # was not visible , so I called HWH to get a # and a price.

THAT ..... was June 1st.

They said to expect 2 weeks for a return call..... so I waited.

3 weeks passed and I called back ..... They said 3 more days.

I waited a week and called AGAIN !

"they are behind " .... I was told..... " wait for another week "

STILL ...... no callback (as of today)

I did add 2 EXTRA springs ( 4 total ) and that solved the problem..... THEN .... they ALL quit retracting.
I solved THAT problem by replacing a 40 Amp fuse and it's holder, which was hiding above the main pump motor, and was melted.
Likely the original from 2001 ( Adventurer ) and well-hidden.

The GOOD NEWS = They all work fine now , and it cost $5 to fix.
The complaint = No Thanks to HWH , and their TOTAL lack of support which will make me avoid any future MH that has their equipment on it.

If they have THAT MANY complaints .... add more employees , and/or make more reliable items.
Somehow .... I think they can afford the extra payroll !

If they do not wish to give tech-support , or sell replacement parts , then DON"T !!!!!!
BUT .... do NOT pretend to do so...... and FAIL AT IT !

UPDATE:
I just called HWH again , to give them a chance to respond to my complaint(s).
Nobody wanted to come to the phone .... and the receptionist said they get " HUNDREDS " of calls every day , and only have 1 person returning calls.... he other 2 QUIT ! ................... ( I wonder why ??? )

The Higher MANAGEMENT does not come to the phone, as I was told.
( I guess they are busy counting their BONUSES for cutting salary expenses )

It is likely that MANY of you reading this, are also on that invisible call-back list , so......... LOTS-O-LUCK !

REMEMBER THIS NAME.................... HWH !
Rich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It's the current world we live in! There are very few industries which are operating in the old world way which we had gotten used to.

If you take a half million folks out of the country and many of them were the folks who did the work, what result would we expect?

I can't get good oranges in the grocery store and I bet a bunch of orange pickers died, didn't they?

It is not going to be cured for lots of years yet as things slowly recover and if your state and mine are any example, we may never go back to the former life styles.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
It's the current world we live in! There are very few industries which are operating in the old world way which we had gotten used to.

If you take a half million folks out of the country and many of them were the folks who did the work, what result would we expect?

I can't get good oranges in the grocery store and I bet a bunch of orange pickers died, didn't they?

It is not going to be cured for lots of years yet as things slowly recover and if your state and mine are any example, we may never go back to the former life styles.
Seriously? That half million folks you allude to represents less than 2/10ths of 1 percent of the population. Covid deaths are NOT behind the slow/lousy customer service (which HWH has had for quite sometime, it seems).
Old 08-09-2021, 07:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Be glad YOU solved your problem , not a $ 150.00 an hour tech. Your coach is over 20 years old and their products have changed in design and some of it will not be available now. You corrected YOUR problem and I suspect that they would of not been of much help in solving that bad connection. Everywhere today will be a pain to work with as most are working with less product and staff. Be happy that you got it done.
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

There are help wanted signs all over our area and no one wants to work. Why not? Well, they have extended unemployment payments and there still is stimulus money floating around. Why work when you can spend your time at home watching TV or at the lake fishing. That's the real problem.

I also had a bad experience with HWH but don't blame them. They didn't fire the people, they got closed down during the pandemic and the employees simply haven't returned.

Things may return to normal when the money runs out but so many of our favorite restaurants have closed that it will never be the same.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
There are help wanted signs all over our area and no one wants to work. Why not? Well, they have extended unemployment payments and there still is stimulus money floating around. Why work when you can spend your time at home watching TV or at the lake fishing. That's the real problem.

I also had a bad experience with HWH but don't blame them. They didn't fire the people, they got closed down during the pandemic and the employees simply haven't returned.

Things may return to normal when the money runs out but so many of our favorite restaurants have closed that it will never be the same.
I spoke with a woman who was laid-off last year when doctors offices were closed. She said counting all the unemployment income she was getting $847/week; she said she wasn't making that much when she was working, and when she was called back to work it was a reduction in income.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

This isn't about COVID, even though HWH used that excuse in August 2020 when I first called and wrote them.

In early 2021 they called me, but I was unavailable to answer the phone. No message, but the caller ID identified them. I have called or written more than a dozen times.

I DO remember their name, and I WILL vote with my feet. Winnebago should be embarrassed having such an unresponsive vendor.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Something must have changed at HWH. I had to communicate with them several times dealing with replacement hoses since 2017 and always found them helpful and responsive.

Paul Maddox, azpete, is a Winnieowner and HWH employee has been a helpful resource to many of us. He's commented that he's more active IRV2.com and doesn't always see HWH related posts on Winnieowners so it's best to contact him directly. He even gives out his phone number. Here's a recent post on IRV2.com where he comments about HWH complaints and gives out his phone number, see post #17:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/hwh...-550992-2.html

Here' the relevant part of his comments:

"if you need help, call me at 602 549 3638. no more complaints about hwh not calling back solved.
paul maddox
i work for hwh corp. i do not solicit part sales on this forum. i do not solicit service work."

Back in Oct 2020 he gave out a direct email address as well: [email protected]

Here's a link to his Winnieowners profile:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ete-13211.html
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh