Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
I always assumed the dual fillers were just so you could fill from either side so it was easier to get to a pump.
If you go to a truck stop lots of times they have a satellite pump so you can fill from both sides. The trucks usually have saddle tanks and can only fill from the side the pump is on, the satellite pump allows them to fill both sides without moving.
But you do have to watch it as some unscrupulous people pull up to the unused side and fill on your $$.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #22

Interesting subject;; I fought that tank Filling especuley at a truck stop (large nozzles) after many hours of research; My findings are The tank by its actual measurements Has the capicity Of 128 gallons; The filler intakes are located downfrom the top of the tank appx 3 inches The Book Winnebago/Freightliner say it Is a 100 gallon tank . We have stuffed A bit over 90 gallons in it with both fillers open; AS to exactley how much it holds That is up to the filler;; Life is good;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Just today I filled up about 6 miles after the low fuel warning came up. I couldn't squeeze any more than 84.0 gal in the tank. Our Journey is on the Magnum Chassis with a 100 gal tank.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2008 Tour with the 100 gallon tank. On a recent trip I filled up with 90.5 gallons and it did not quite show empty, but the low fuel warning indicator was on. I did not try to fill it up to the top of the filler neck. I usually let it shut off automatically and then try maybe once or twice again to top it off.
wlf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

My 2008 tour used to have the low fuel light come on at 50 gallons. Now with a new sending unit I get worried about low fuel and I still only fill it with 83 gallons.
sam-tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

On our new to us 2004 itasca horizon, my gas guage never goes above 3/4 when clear full. The most gas i have ever put in was around 70. gal. I don't know if I am not getting it full or if the guage is wrong.
mrzig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel