Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
kz5
Winnebago Camper

We have talked to Winnebago factory management and they keep saying they will respond to us.
They do not seem to follow through with their side of the agreement.

We have a coach that from the very first repair at about 600 plus miles has had slide problems and leaks. After a stack of repairs invoices the problems are still there. There are many other little problems that have cropped up along the way also. Some have been repaired others are still there.

We do need to talk and respond to them again but feel they should do some of the responding also.

KZ5
Old 09-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
kz5
Winnebago Camper

We have talked to Winnebago factory management and they keep saying they will respond to us.
They do not seem to follow through with their side of the agreement.

We have a coach that from the very first repair at about 600 plus miles has had slide problems and leaks. After a stack of repairs invoices the problems are still there. There are many other little problems that have cropped up along the way also. Some have been repaired others are still there.

We do need to talk and respond to them again but feel they should do some of the responding also.

KZ5
Old 09-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I email customer service at [email protected] OR I call them at 800-537-1885. They have been quite responsive to me. Of course, I am the one wanting something, so if I don't get a response in a reasonable time, I make contact again. There have been a few times when my emails to them have apparently been lost somewhere along the way, but telephone calls have been bullet proof. I still prefer email so I have a printed record of the conversation...
Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I would remain persistent and ask when is the best time of day to call or better yet set up an appointment time and day to call the person that can make the decision. IF the decision needs to be discussed with others ask for a conference call and have the appointment time and day set up so all that are needed can be on the line at the same time. This will be the most efficient way to take the next step.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

"So far Winnebago has done nothing except offer gas for a return trip to the factory. This is indeed a positive step. However, this will not solve the basic problems that already have been addressed and performed six or seven times in the past visits at the factory."

I think until you take the coach back to the factory as requested by Winnebago this is the best answer you're going to get. I'm sure they want to inspect the slide and other problems you've described before making any further commitments.

You're asking them to commit to repairs that may in fact not cure the problem. The problem could be the result of the way the hydraulic cylinders or linkage are mounted to the coach body. If some components happen to be improperly mounted on the body the problem could resurface again after several thousand dollars of repairs.

It's best to take them up on their offer, have it inspected, and agree on a course of action from there.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I agree with Hikerdogs. Since your location is "Anywhere on the road" why don't you route yourself to Forrest City and have the factory address your problems. I was very satisfied with the support I received when I went there last year.
US Gear UBS
Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure what the point of your post is.

Have you been to Forest City to get your problems resolved?

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
Old 09-13-2008, 04:41 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
I'm not sure what the point of your post is -

Have you been to Forest City to get your problems resolved? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. These are tough times economically for Winnebago...answering email and returning phone calls are probably number 5-6 in priorities... just to asssure a paying desk at the factory tomorrow.

Owners can do their part to getting help for themselves by taking their major coach problems to factory.

At GNR 08...I found the Forest City factory service folks to be outstanding..work with them....beating them when they are on one knee is not the answer..
Old 09-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
kz5
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
I'm not sure what the point of your post is -

Have you been to Forest City to get your problems resolved? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have been to Winnebago many, many times. They have repaired this coach as many as 18 times and each time it is the same results.
If they see these posts the will know that we are not at all happy. Yes, we are complaining.
We need to know how others have solved this type of problem.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #10
kz5
Winnebago Camper

I was quite upset that someone would suggest that I was complaining without knowing the entire episode. We have been to the factory many times and as recently as 2008 at GNR. They did work on the motor home, for five days.Even before we left the factory the slide had begun to fall again. Then the leak has returned worse than before being worked on.
We have been going to the factory and supporting them since our first coach in 1970.
We have had twelve coaches, all Winnebago products, and have probably experienced every situation possible. We are proud of being a Charter Member of WIT and are proud of owning a Winnebago motor home. We have never slammed them and take exception to this comment.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to tell how it has really all came about this last time.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kz5:
I was quite upset that someone would suggest that I was complaining without knowing the entire episode. We have been to the factory many times and as recently as 2008 at GNR. They did work on the motor home, for five days.Even before we left the factory the slide had begun to fall again. Then the leak has returned worse than before being worked on.
We have been going to the factory and supporting them since our first coach in 1970.
We have had twelve coaches, all Winnebago products, and have probably experienced every situation possible. We are proud of being a Charter Member of WIT and are proud of owning a Winnebago motor home. We have never slammed them and take exception to this comment.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to tell how it has really all came about this last time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many complaints have you logged now on the coach...??? Are you paying for the service at factory?

If it's a slide problem...have you thought about visit to HWH?

I suggest one consultation with a "Lemon Law" Attorney/
Old 09-14-2008, 03:21 AM   #12
I helped | retired moderator

Folks, disagreeing with members is to be expected from time to time, but personal comments about members is not permitted by our rules.

Thank you.

Adios, Dirk
Lead Moderator

Old 09-14-2008, 04:13 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

With the sparsity of your original post, we had no idea about the history of your problems and steps you have taken to resolve them. I stand by my original remarks.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
Old 09-14-2008, 04:57 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

As a distinguished and current graduate of the online ACME School for RV Service Managers, I learned in Volume 1, page 33, paragraph 2..."Some customers cannot be satisfied with the product". These customers continue to present customer relations issues that are real economic concerns to the ongoing operations budget of the company's Service Department and its needed capability to fully support all company product owners."

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:05 AM   #15
kz5
Winnebago Camper

We have had been to the factory eight times. All for the same slide and leak problems. We have been to HWH twice for the slide.
Our local dealer has repaired the slide once. We have been paying for some of the repairs. Some of the repairs have been paid by Winnebago.

You are quite right. We do need to speak to a Lemon Law lawyer.
We were trying to exhaust all avenues with Winnebago first. Since we have trusted Winnebago for 38 years we feel we should deal with them as long as possible.

Also, you are correct. We will not use this forum for this subject any longer as it has fulfilled its usefullness.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #16
I helped | retired moderator

It's unfortunate that sometimes no matter how strongly one feels about a topic, that it degrades into personal comments.

Let's keep our mission statement in mind in the future, and with that, we'll close this topic and move on.

Thank you.

Adios, Dirk
Lead Moderator

Closed Thread