Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Hot weather suits

We have found it to be too hot to camp when it is over 100. So we made "hot weather suits" that we wear in and around the coach. There are hoses that go from the suits to the air conditioner outlets. It is very easy to keep the air in the suit cold because it is such a small space. My wife has a pink suit and mine is just plain old white. We have experimented and found that we can use up to a 25 foot air hose. This enables us to be able to sit anywhere in the coach and outside. Of course the coach gets hot inside because we can't close the door with our cold air hoses running outside, but that doesn't bother us in our suits. Some people wave at us and are very friendly and smile, others just stare which is impolite as far as we are concerned. We wear our suits full time when it is over 100, but we find them somewhat limiting for bathroom use. We also had a problem reading while wearing the suit. It is hard to hold our arms up and read a magazine so we use music stands and, with the magazine on the stand, we can read quite comfortably. My wife has a clear face shield in her suit because she says that it works better when cooking. I prefer the tinted face shield because of the strong sun when I am outside. One other advantage of the suits is that since we are always cool and do not sweat we can go days without cleaning up. I find that brushing my teeth is hard because, although the face shield opens quite easily, it is hard to bend my arm up to my mouth. Eating is not a problem with the one foot fork extensions we made. We stick to foods that are bite size and can be speared with the forks. Popcorn shrimp is one of our favorites. We tried spaghetti one day, but that was a disaster.

Well, we thought that we would just share our way of coping with the hot weather here in Arizona. Here is a picture of me in my suit:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Hot Weather Suit.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	5971  
Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Thats too cool (pun) lol. but what about you puppy dog?
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You do know that they are going to come and take you away--don't you!!
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Here's our pal Ben...

Here he is:

Name:   Dog Hot Weather Suit.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  82.1 KB
Old 10-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Oh well
Just having a little fun. Joe
Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I like it!!! Keep it up!! I am waiting to see what you do for really "cold" weather!! Happy travels--
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Air conditioned tent...

Seriously, the oddest thing that we have seen in a campground was a house type window air conditioner sitting on a box and blowing cold air into a tent through the screen window. Looked crazy, but hey, they were cooler than the other tent campers! Joe
Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Had me going for a paragraph or two Joe!

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

My son has been using the window AC and a tent for several years ... he cut a hole just the size of his AC in the side of his tent ... it has velcro around the hole which either attaches to the AC or to the original piece that he cut out
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Talking

At least it's not your Birthday Suit!