Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2020, 10:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Horizon Parts from Oregon Closed Facility

3 weeks ago we departed Forest City after 3 weeks of "issues" on 2020 Horizon 40A. 1/2 hr down the road, hit a deer and returned to Customer Service. They completed evaluation and explained that it would be 3 weeks to get either a front end panel OR the mold to make a new one. Bummer for us...3 more weeks at "Welcome Center". Yesterday, at the end of the 3 weeks to get the part, received email from Jake-service advisor that it would be another 3 weeks...sorry etc.
To add to our "situation", local police stopped me as I exited Rally Grounds from dumping that unit was not "road worthy" and I needed to get off street. OK OK, have a portable dump wagon and can tow that up to Rally Grounds and just need water. Wonder how much I will need to spend purchasing hoses long enough to go from Rally Grounds to Visitor Center.
Covid seems like a little nothing by comparison.
Thanks for reading my little rant. I feel better now that I posted our sad story. HOPING the Forest City will now get all remaining known or lost items for the Horizon from that "bad carma" location up there in Junction City. How many times did Country Coach fail/get sold/ transfer back...and all the rest.
Sheilag1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:51 AM   #2
Site Team

I just watched a video on youtube where the guys in the video toured the closed Oregon factory and they specifically showed all the molds for front and rear fiberglass caps sitting outside the factory gates. The video was shot a few days ago.

Here's that video - the cap molds are approx 14 min in. The guy says they are Country Coach molds, but what do you want to bet that the Horizon molds could be there.:

Old 08-01-2020, 11:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Creativepart...thank you very much for that video/link. I may just have to take a quick trip out there, find the mold, get a hauler and send it down the road to Forest City. As a side note, I owned a Country Coach a while ago. It was a great riding, easy to live in unit with many bells and whistles. Too bad video didnt mention the Lee/Howard round n round that happened. oh well, past is past. Thanks again
Sheilag1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #4
Site Team

That same YouTuber, Andrew Steele has 3 or 4 videos shot at Premier RV https://www.premierrvservices.com/ a facility that used to be a Country Coach factory building and employs a number of former CC workmen.

They also have a large number of refurbished and refreshed used CC's for sale.

You can see all of that in those other videos.

Tags
parts