Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I know the thing is ancient, but i got it for a song and a prayer (read: free)
I ordered the owners manual through the local RV dealer but i need to see about obtaining a service manual or some diagrams for it. I am essentially clueless about RVs and i know basic automotive mechanics, I need to replace the water heater and figure out why the fridge only works on propane when it is supposed to also work on electricity. I also want to see if i can set it up to run off of Batteries instead of having to use the generator or external power all the time.
any help i can get on this would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

-Wes-
Old 11-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I know the thing is ancient, but i got it for a song and a prayer (read: free)
I ordered the owners manual through the local RV dealer but i need to see about obtaining a service manual or some diagrams for it. I am essentially clueless about RVs and i know basic automotive mechanics, I need to replace the water heater and figure out why the fridge only works on propane when it is supposed to also work on electricity. I also want to see if i can set it up to run off of Batteries instead of having to use the generator or external power all the time.
any help i can get on this would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

-Wes-
Old 11-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome Wes to the forum you may also try posting your questions and searching in the iRV2.com COMMUNITY section under the heading Vintage RV's.

Try this Link

Enjoy your Vintage Winnebago.

Bob
Old 11-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob&Pat:
Welcome Wes to the forum you may also try posting your questions and searching in the iRV2.com COMMUNITY section under the heading Vintage RV's.

Enjoy your Vintage Winnebago.

Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you i Posted the message there.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Your welcome, I added a link in the above post doing a search on the Vintage forum searching Winnebago and came up with 76 items. Try it.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Here is a link to the Winnebago 1975 to 1992 Parts Catalog
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Hilley:
Here is a link to the Winnebago 1975 to 1992 Parts Catalog </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the main item im looking for parts wise would be a service manual. i havent been able to find one of those yet.
The RV needs some maintenance, and i dont know anything really about RVs so having a service manual with diagrams of the plumbing and wiring and what not would be nice, i did order a owners manual and hopefully that will contain some of that info. the link did help though becuase now i know my exact model number its a 1977 Winnebago Itasca C25C that should help a bit.
so thank you.
-Wes-
Old 12-01-2007, 03:03 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Wes,
I don't know where you live, but if you can get to the home of Winnebago, Forest City,IA they have a surplus store that frequently has marked down furnaces and other parts/equipment for Winnie products. I hope that you also noted the addresses given at the start of this section that give addresses for new parts.

Probably the reason your refrig does not work on 110(if that is your problem) is that the electrical heater is burnt out. This is located on the back side of the refrige and is accesed through the outside door. Remeber that the 110v if working is slower to cool the unit than the propane.

You are going to realize that you will need to plug into shore power for most of your use as many items in your unit require too much current draw for extended battery use.

Good Luck.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

A friend of mine had a Winnebago from that era ... his fresh water system worked much differently than more recent models in that the fresh water tank was pressurized .... that meant that he had to allow the pressure to escape before filling the water tank.

(More recent models have unpressurized water tanks and a demand pump that keeps only the water lines pressurized)
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote