Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH system, jacks and room slides not working in 2006 Adventurer. Out in a remote site.
Naturally HWH and Winnebago are closed, and my coachnet JUST expired in May, one year after I bought the rig new.
The control pad has lights but nothing works in auto or manual. Is there a fuse or other obvious thing to check?
raskul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

HWH system, jacks and room slides not working in 2006 Adventurer. Out in a remote site.
Naturally HWH and Winnebago are closed, and my coachnet JUST expired in May, one year after I bought the rig new.
The control pad has lights but nothing works in auto or manual. Is there a fuse or other obvious thing to check?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Do you have automatic door steps? ...and if so, are they also not working?

All these items work off the engine batteries. Have you tried holding the battery boost switch down when you attempt to operate one of the non-working items?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">jacks and room slides not working </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raskul, is your parking (foot) brake set?. Must be for those items to work, easy to forget...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

raskul;

I had that happen. My pump was in the front. I crawled under the front bumper and I could hear the solenoid click. I had a 12 Volt tester and found I had power to the motor lead so I knew the motor was not working. I took a hammer and rapped the motor a couple of times it worked enough to get the jacks down & slides out. I worried all week end whether I was going to get the slides in. They worked 1 last time. When I got home nothing would work again. I called HWH and they sent out a new motor. Now I am a happy camper again.

Good luck;
Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Yes, brakes set, batteries OK, I think the pump scenario is a possibility. I hear a click.
In the morning I will attempt a very professional "rap" of the motor.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hi Raskul, I have a 2004 Itaska Suncruiser and had a similar problem. I talked to HWH and they talked me through my problem. In my case where the power cable went into the back of the main control board up behind the grill. It was not making a good connection, by wiggleing the cable it made a better connection and everything worked fine. Since that time I was sent a new power cable and control board. A poor connection could be your problem. Good luck. Jerry Kraft
Jerry Kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I had the same problem on the second trip out in my rig. I did the same as Petro and found the same thing, (fried Motor). HWH replaced it, and have never had another problem.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

All is well!
We jiggled all the connections into the control box (behind the driver's wheel) and tried it again - everything works. Jacks and slides. The connections seem brittle and shoddy, I will call HWH next week.
Thanks everyone!