Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
SFC (Ret.)

Help! Invertor Location needed.

Good Evening and thank you for taking the time to read this and maybe help. I have a 2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD, I put it in storage and have not touched it for 3 months or so. I am taking her out on the road to follow OU football (BOOMER). However the house has no power and the fault code on the panel says no communication. So I looked in the owners manual and it says to reset the invertor as the first fix step. I have looked everywhere and I can not find the location of the invertor, Please help. Does anyone out there know where to find it at on my coach? Thanks!!!!
RFoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It will be close to the battery bank. Find the batteries, and one of the fat positive cable should lead to the inverter, probably via a big fuse.

Look in cabinets near the batteries, maybe behind or under the back or bottom panels.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Your 110V wiring installation diagram shows it to be in about the dead center of the coach.

(It's on Sheet 1, the "DA" view arrow is pointing at at.)

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #4
Site Team

I’d guess it is in the compartment on the opposite side of the battery bank. It’s also probably mounted on the ceiling of that compartment, hanging upside down. There should be a disconnect rotary switch right there as well.

So if your battery bank is mid-coach on the drivers side the inverter will be mid-coach opposite on the passenger side.

Just a guess because that’s how it is on my motorhome and I find the layout similar on other WBGO Class As.

Of course, the first thing to check is the power switches in the entry step well.

If you haven’t turned them on, you’d have no power, of course. OR if you left them on before storing the RV you have totally drained your batteries... and likely damaged them, too.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:14 AM   #5
SFC (Ret.)

Could you provide a pic or link to the diagram please? Thank you very much.
RFoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:12 PM   #6
Site Team

Just go to winnebagoind.com, click on owner resources, click on Services, scroll down and click on wiring diagrams. Pick your year and your model and you’re there.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Click on the hyperlink in my post.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFoster View Post
Could you provide a pic or link to the diagram please? Thank you very much.
What is your status? Did you locate the inverter? It looks like it is in the pass through bay with the drawer.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2011 42QD, too. The inverter is in the center basement compartment, the one with the slide out tray. It's mounted to the ceiling of that compartment.
GearyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

If your 2011 42qd is anything like our '13, the inverter/power management system is in the dead center of the coach with access from the passenger side cargo bay to the rear of the pass thru bay. You can perform the reset from there if you are a contortionist. You should be able to reset the unit from the remote on the wall inside the coach. Check your owners manual.
mwk50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat