Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HDMI Cable

I have a 2014 Sightseer. In the compartment above the driver side is the connections for satellite hookup. I have a DISH Wally receiver in which the HCMI cable goes into the wall and then comes out at the back of the TV. For some reason, I was not getting a signal to the TV. DISH suggested I take a different HDMI cable, run it from the receiver to the TV and see if that works. It worked, so it tells me the existing cable is bad. But now I have a cable running thru the RV. Has anyone replaced the cable that goes thru the wall? From the box to the TV is about 18 feet or so.. Is it difficult to fish a new line thru? I'm thinking about securing the new cable to the old one and pulling it thru from the other end. I didn't know HDMI cables can go bad.....

Thanks...
SueNKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

A small point that depends on how well you know this RV, but could be very important?
Is this HDMI cable one you know well enough to be certain that it does run from the same point A to point B that you placed the new cable on?
HDMI can certainly go bad but there are other ways to not work if we don't know for sure what route the cable takes to get there.
Have you searched for any sort of connection in the existing cable that might have gone open?
HDMI are one which are kind of famous for the weight making them back out of the plugs as they do not have any form of retaining clip, etc.
Point being that it is going to be a drag to get a wire fished in, so looking at any other cause may be worth the time to study.
No way to say how your wiring is laid out without know which Rv you have ( 8 different versions of Sightseer that year) but this one that I did look up does show a couple spots with potential loose plugs?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hdmi.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	175741  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote