Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-22-2006, 04:50 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

DriVer,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Most of my comments are derived from consumer frustration. To the consumer, it seems that many of the manufacturers do not include those items as a means of keeping the aftermarket in business. Too bad the manufacturer can't work something out to sell the items direct to the consumer through arrangement with the supplier. Have them drop shipped from the supplier, thereby eliminating the need to stock and store the parts. Could save the consumer a few dollars, and be a minimal revenue source for the chassis manufacturer.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

To FLYTYER,
The symptoms that I had before upgrading to a track bar and Tru-Center steering stabilizer were a constant correcting or "fighting" the wheel that was worse in crosswinds, crowned roads and when semi's passed. After reading Driver's excellent article on suspension mods I understood what sensation to feel for on curves and lane changes to ID the need for a track bar. A good friend of mine with much motor home experience basically "made" me buy a Tru-Center to stabilize the steering. Together they made a huge difference in the operation of the coach. The lateral side to side rear end sway is totally controlled by the track bar. The coach tracks straight in all wind and road conditions due to the Tru-Center and together I hardly notice semi's passing in either direction. I have not noticed a lot of sway or lean in my coach as of yet. I do have the upgraded shocks on the front only and have no porpoising.

To Kazoo Tom,
I agree wholeheartedly that WCC could do more. Most of the auto manufacturers have after market upgrades available for their products. GM, Ford and Chrysler have performance items they make available to customers. All have catalogs full of parts to improve the performance of their products to levels the average buyer isn't interested in.

Dave
Old 06-22-2006, 09:58 AM   #23
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davel:
After reading Driver's excellent article on suspension mods I understood what sensation to feel for on curves and lane changes to ID the need for a track bar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most of the auto manufacturers have after market upgrades available for their products. GM, Ford and Chrysler have performance items they make available to customers. All have catalogs full of parts to improve the performance of their products to levels the average buyer isn't interested in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dave, Workhorse Parts (Uptime Parts) sells a host of aftermarket products including stabilizer bars and shock absorbers. Perhaps the W-25.5 track bar will show up in the after market parts inventory at some point in time but it's just not of the radar screen as of yet.

You would have to go to the website and check it out. See Workhorse.com Then click on parts.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davel:
To FLYTYER,
The symptoms that I had before upgrading to a track bar and Tru-Center steering stabilizer were a constant correcting or "fighting" the wheel that was worse in crosswinds, crowned roads and when semi's passed. After reading Driver's excellent article on suspension mods I understood what sensation to feel for on curves and lane changes to ID the need for a track bar. A good friend of mine with much motor home experience basically "made" me buy a Tru-Center to stabilize the steering. Together they made a huge difference in the operation of the coach. The lateral side to side rear end sway is totally controlled by the track bar. The coach tracks straight in all wind and road conditions due to the Tru-Center and together I hardly notice semi's passing in either direction. I have not noticed a lot of sway or lean in my coach as of yet. I do have the upgraded shocks on the front only and have no porpoising.

To Kazoo Tom,
I agree wholeheartedly that WCC could do more. Most of the auto manufacturers have after market upgrades available for their products. GM, Ford and Chrysler have performance items they make available to customers. All have catalogs full of parts to improve the performance of their products to levels the average buyer isn't interested in.

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your comments. At least your comments make sense. I wish now I would have not even asked the question. Hardly anyone seems to understand.

Will a MOD please close this thread ??
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote