Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Gas Filler Adapter

Does anyone know if there is an adapter that will fit in your gas tank filler hole and extend out so you can fit the nozzel into the opening? Heck of a time just trying to fill the tank!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Here it is...there are others who have posted home made devices too, but the point is- they all do the same thing. Hope this helps.
McCuff® "No Splash, No Spill, Motorcycle Fill" Everyone Wants One! No Clicking Nozzles! More Miles from Tank! Top-Off Gas Tank EZ, Unique Motorcycle Biker Gift Birthdays, Christmas! Gas up your motorcycle with ease! Avoid Gas Spillage.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #3

We have that problem on the skoolie. We are just going to cut a bigger access panel.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Yeah - looked at that and don't know if that will do it. My problem is the opening itself doesn't let you to put the body of the nozzel in far enough to reach the filler. I literally had jam the darn thing in as far as I could and then it barley reached the filler.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Heart View Post
Yeah - looked at that and don't know if that will do it. My problem is the opening itself doesn't let you to put the body of the nozzel in far enough to reach the filler. I literally had jam the darn thing in as far as I could and then it barley reached the filler.
i read about this fix on this forum last fall.
i bought an older type (antique) piercing quart oil can spout on ebay for about $5. i removed the piercing part and bent the remaining parts to allow it to fit in my fuel filler. it acts like a curved funnel. i doubt that the nozzle auto shutoff will work with it. all the fuel nozzles fit just fine so i didn't have to use my adapter on my trip to california last summer.

Vintage Auto Combination Oil Can Opener & Pouring Spout - eBay (item 190507769601 end time Mar-08-11 17:55:40 PST)
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

You might investigate adapting your filler tube to come closer to the gas flap opening. We did this on our Class A.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I put together what amounts to an extension. Here are the components (all sched. 40 PVC); 2 X 1 adapter, 1 inch pipe (3” long), 1 inch connector, 1 X ½ adapter, ½ inc pipe (4.25” long). These are assembled in the same sequence listed. When the ½ in pipe is inserted into the filler tube it will hit the flap. The lip of the adapter will fit just inside the lip of the filler and the rest of the assembly extends just beyond the edge of the RV. In will support a nozzle hands free. I also drilled a 3/8 hole in the 1/2 inch pipe at about the same location as the nozzle. The large adapter is the same circumference as the mouth of the filler tube so It should allow the nozzle collar to be compressed. My cost for this is about $2.50 for the connecting pieces
McCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote