Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

We had our service visit at Gaffney today. They checked my ride height (which was within specs) and changed my oil. Without me asking, they used an OEM Cat oil filter...thought that was good. Total charge, $139, which I thought was quite reasonable.

My only negative comments relate to their RV parking area which is pretty basic (electric hook ups only), huge potholes in the road near the sites and service entrance, and tremendous noise from the factory all night. They were moving trucks, trailers and loading chassis all night right next to the RV parking area. Hopefully, this will all be addressed with their new service center which they said will be far away from the factory.

The staff were all courteous and seemed to appreciate the customers.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We had our service visit at Gaffney today. They checked my ride height (which was within specs) and changed my oil. Without me asking, they used an OEM Cat oil filter...thought that was good. Total charge, $139, which I thought was quite reasonable.

My only negative comments relate to their RV parking area which is pretty basic (electric hook ups only), huge potholes in the road near the sites and service entrance, and tremendous noise from the factory all night. They were moving trucks, trailers and loading chassis all night right next to the RV parking area. Hopefully, this will all be addressed with their new service center which they said will be far away from the factory.

The staff were all courteous and seemed to appreciate the customers.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Good to hear your experiences....we'll be there in May for the tour and class...Staying at the Pinecone Campground.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Yup, their RV overnight lot is an experience in its self. When I was there we had a couple of freeloaders parking there and a owner that was more vocal than I cleared it out in a hurry with some not so kind words.
If the service dept is busy its very tight quarters and the music of the vehicles will defenitly keep you awake at night. Looking forward to the Campground with BOB in May...Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I had service at Gaffney also, when I got there late in the day, there where no spots left and I felt like a fish in a fishbowl parking in the center of the lot. After getting service I spent the night at pinecone before heading home.

Couldn't have met nicer techs and service reps, they where great and I would always like to go there for all my service in the future....just gonna have to plan service around trips to Myrtle Beach.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

By this time next year or maybe sooner, the New Service and Technical Center will be up and running. The current facility with the main production plant along with the scamp overnight parking area has long be a sore spot that's about to be history. FreightLiner and the local state college will be locating in a new 5$ million dollar Facility over by the Big Peach on the Interstate. Good things do come to those who are patient.

radarr
Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Where is Pinecone and is it open year round?

Radarr....we saw the 'big peach' and had the same thought...looked like a big butt with a rash!!
Old 02-13-2006, 04:16 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
Where is Pinecone and is it open year round?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pine Cone's advertisement

They're REAL close to Freightliner and open year round too!

Open all year
Sites Total spaces: 112
Available: 106
Gravel: 106
74 pull-thrus(40 x 63)
Back-ins(30 x 60)
Mostly shaded
Big rig sites
Room for slide outs
Hookups Water: 106
Sewer: 88
Electric: 106
30/50 Amps
No side-by-side hookups
Old 02-15-2006, 05:36 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radarr:
By this time next year or maybe sooner, the New Service and Technical Center will be up and running
radarr </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The new service center was supposed to be open this spring!?

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:46 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

WELCOME BACK KOTTER!!

Freightliner Press Release Archive
June 3,2005
GAFFNEY, S.C. ... Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC) today marked the start of construction on a new service center here. Dedicated to providing service and training for FCCC products, the facility is being built in conjunction with Spartanburg Technical College and will also offer new educational and career opportunities to the citizens of Cherokee County. A groundbreaking ceremony held today was attended by government leaders, Spartanburg Technical College officials, FCCC executives and guests. The new service center is scheduled to open in January of 2006. It will be located off Interstate 85 and Highway 11, making it convenient for customers to visit. The groundbreaking event comes at a time when FCCC is celebrating its 10th anniversary
Old 02-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

John:

They told me that due to a number of issues with local regs., utility connections, etc., they won't be ready until summer or early fall.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

We have just signed up for Camp Freightliner August 10-11. Hubby is all excited . Should I now make reservations at Pinecone for those days plus? Is there anything else I should/need to do? The 12th we're headed to 4 Paws Kingdom for a week in doggie paradise. Our Great Dane is excited about that .
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

Savannah, Mike Cody from Freightliner sends a list over to PineCone with the names on it...When I called the campground,she had my name already. I would call them at your convenience....

Here is their information.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Bob for that info. They sure are efficient down there
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Exactly. When we had our Journey serviced there last April they said the new location would be ready at the end of the year. Pity they have slipped so far.

The only thing I miss with my HR is that I won't be going to Gaffney. Service was very good and the prices were fair. We drove away feeling we'd been treated well.

Freeloaders won't be able to encroach on real customers at the new location.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
WELCOME BACK KOTTER!!

Freightliner Press Release Archive
June 3,2005
GAFFNEY, S.C. ... Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC) today marked the start of construction on a new service center here. Dedicated to providing service and training for FCCC products, the facility is being built in conjunction with Spartanburg Technical College and will also offer new educational and career opportunities to the citizens of Cherokee County. A groundbreaking ceremony held today was attended by government leaders, Spartanburg Technical College officials, FCCC executives and guests. The new service center is scheduled to open in January of 2006. It will be located off Interstate 85 and Highway 11, making it convenient for customers to visit. The groundbreaking event comes at a time when FCCC is celebrating its 10th anniversary </div></BLOCKQUOTE>