Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 1996 Vectra GT 34WQ and have been fixing a few small problems and now I'm going to address the faulty fuel guage, the indications are all over the place. I did a "search" on the forum on fuel guages and didn't find anything that would help. I'm going to start with the easiest things first by cleaning contacts and grounds. While looking at my copy of the "GM Chassis" drawing I noticed a Fuel Cycle Module located under the instrument panel near the steering post support rod but can't find any information about this unit. Anyone have any idea's or familiar with this unit?

Ron
Old 10-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 1996 Vectra GT 34WQ and have been fixing a few small problems and now I'm going to address the faulty fuel guage, the indications are all over the place. I did a "search" on the forum on fuel guages and didn't find anything that would help. I'm going to start with the easiest things first by cleaning contacts and grounds. While looking at my copy of the "GM Chassis" drawing I noticed a Fuel Cycle Module located under the instrument panel near the steering post support rod but can't find any information about this unit. Anyone have any idea's or familiar with this unit?

Ron
Old 10-05-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Ron,

What chassis is your Vectra built on? Would it be the P-30?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Joe,

Yep, it is a P-30 chassis. Things have been a little busy, we just returned from a trip to Wallowa Lake State Park in Oregon, so I haven't had time to do more research or locate the Fuel Cycle Module to get part numbers off the unit. Right now I am tracking mileage instead of relying on guage. Any ideas?

Ron
Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I also have a 1996 Vectra GT 34WQ with the P30 chassis and have experienced the same problem but maybe to a lesser degree. Mine will occasionally read about a quarter tank low for a few minutes and then will return to "normal". I just took a 4000 mile trip and it only happened a couple times. I also noticed that occasionally my oil pressure gauge reads about 20 psi high and then goes back to "normal", all during steady state driving.

I am trying to get further info on the fuel cycle module from an engineering contact, and will post anything I learn. His first reaction was to check the grounds, as you were planning already. He is looking into the function of the fuel cycle module.
rickwils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Rick,

Looking forward to any information you find on the fuel cycle module, I'll keep checking the forum.

Ron
Old 10-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Ron-
I sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it.
Thanks,

Rick
rickwils is offline   Reply With Quote