Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fuel filter location '16 View 24V

First thank you to all the folks who responded to my last two questions.
We just purchased a used 2016 Winnebago View 24V and my husband, being a shade tree mechanic for years is determined to know this vehicle and take care of it. Problem is he can't locate the fuel filter. He's tagged everything else, even located our spare tire thanks to your help. (Our dealer told us we didn't have one.) Can anyone point us in the right direction. This is a 3.0L diesel. He says he hasn't been underneath it yet....being 80 has it's limitations.
It has a few quirks, like a bathroom door that won't stay closed, but otherwise appears to be okay.
It's nice to know we're not alone on this new adventure.
Darlene
Catskillgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

The fuel filter sits in the valley between the cylinder banks. It is accessible from the top of the engine. You are going to have to remove a few things to get to it and it is really small in size compared to the ones on big diesels. It does have some wire connections that will need to be removed as well.

Unless you have an autoparts store that deals in foreign cars, you are most likely going to have to order it online. Be advised, there are at least 3 different models out there for different engines and they are not interchangeable. And they are not cheap - retail is $160 or so but usually discounted to $80 or so.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for the info. My husband found it.
It's great to have such great support.
Now I have to go back and ask another question for him. I really have to reach him more about using the internet.
Thanks again.
Catskillgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuel