Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have been working with Freightliner and Winnebago to rectify the slow fuel delivery system. Freightliner has agreed to pick up the labor but Winnebago stands fast on not providing the parts. Called Lichstinn Motors for a price list and they quoted a price for one side only of over $500. Seems to me a poor investment on a prblem that should never have occurred.
Don, WIT 70041
DonGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have been working with Freightliner and Winnebago to rectify the slow fuel delivery system. Freightliner has agreed to pick up the labor but Winnebago stands fast on not providing the parts. Called Lichstinn Motors for a price list and they quoted a price for one side only of over $500. Seems to me a poor investment on a prblem that should never have occurred.
Don, WIT 70041
Old 12-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Had a slow fueling problem on my xc when new was able to fix by taking off the fuel inlet lines the metal ones from cap to tank then repositioned them with more slope. This was about a 2hr fix has worked fine since.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Freightliner replaced our fuel tank for slow fueling. Here is a link I started a while back. Slow Fueling

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Try the information on this link.Slow Fueling
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonGee:
I have been working with Freightliner

Don, who have you been dealing with at Freightliner? Is it the Freightliner factory or the Freightliner Service center?

Bob O
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonGee:
I have been working with Freightliner QUOTE]

Don, The reason I asked is because the factory was no help to me at all. Pat at the Service center is the one that took care of my problem

Bob O
Old 12-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Bob, have been working with both Rhonda and Marcus at the Gaffney number. You are starting to get me excited to think there may be a reasonable solution.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I am having the same problems and it seems to be getting worse with regularly overflowing or backflowing or what ever you want to name it.
I am reading post elsewhere that indicates that brands other than Winnebago have the same problem. The common element seems to be the XC chassis.
This may account for the reluctance on Winnebago's part to participate in the cost of resolving the problem.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Don,
Call Pat at the Gaffney Service Center on Campus Drive in Gaffney, NOT the factory. The service center is in a totally separate area from the factory and is totally devoted to repairing motorhomes and as far as I'm concerned the best in the country for service (my opinion). Everytime I brought this issue up with the factory they talked to me like they knew nothing about the problem and I felt like I was on another planet. When I first got this coach, I had it at Ponpano Beach, Florida Freightliner for 3 weeks with this problem, and they were in contact with the factory the whole time. They even replaced my fuel sending unit in the tank twice. I had it in there because I could not get it to read full. This was before I knew the full extent of the problem that it wasn't the fuel gauge. you just had to be patient in slow filling it the last 20 gallons or so.

Pat normally answers the phone and will know if your coach is in the mix (there are certain models and serial numbers that are involved with different fixes from my understanding)
She is one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever dealt with and she will help you with a solution. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I complained about this issue from day one and they had me on record at Freightliner for this?
Look the number up on the custom chassis website and have the last seven digits of your Vin# when you call and good luck.

Bob O