Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We will be going to Forest City to have some work done at CDI (the paint guys) Sep 9 thru 11. I was wondering if it is possible to use the hook ups at the Winne visitors center? I know we could if we were getting work done at the factory but this is a little different. Any comments or info?

2012 Honda CRV / M&G Braking
bill jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We will be going to Forest City to have some work done at CDI (the paint guys) Sep 9 thru 11. I was wondering if it is possible to use the hook ups at the Winne visitors center? I know we could if we were getting work done at the factory but this is a little different. Any comments or info?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I suggest you call Winnie. I know that if they say no you can have a "fall back" to park at the campground behind the ball fields (near the city dump station). The sites there are full hookup and are inexpensive.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:57 AM   #4

I agree with the previous poster....Call Winnebago and ask them. Anyone on here can say Sure....use their hookups....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

As already said, the city park is always an option and calling Winnebgao will get a definitive answer.
I just want to add that I read that Winnebago bought the paint shop that they were contracting to do their work.
If that is accurate Winebago will actually be doing the work and either the service center lots or the rally field will be open to you.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Nope! Called them this AM. They said no, use the park,so guess I will. Just thought I'd ask.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Bill,

When we went there last year, we pulled into the Rally Grounds and stayed for two nights. No one came around to register us or collect money. There were only about 40 or so coaches, and we just pulled into a vacant spot near the others. We had 30 amp service and water. Dump Stations were available. We did the plant tour, shopped at the outlet store and picked up a ceiling fan in the parts department. We told them when we registered for the plant tour we were in the Rally Park, and they told us to enjoy our stay! We were impressed at the hospitality!

Spaces around the Visitor's Center are limited (maybe 10?) and first-come-first-served, and used by folks getting service work done at Winnebago. The Rally Park is huge and filled during the Grand Nationals, but mostly vacant at other times.
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Pammel Park is electric only so be sure and dump and take on water before parking there. They have put in 50 amp though. The visitors center up on the hill also has limited spaces though electric only. Ask inside the visitors center for a pass once you arrive in Forest City and be sure and sign up for the plant tour.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

We were there the week before this year's GNR and ended up staying at Three Fingers Campground about four miles outside of town. It was an old park but a nice setting. All things considered though, we wish we had stayed at the city park instead. It is electric only but for a couple of days that shouldn't be a problem and it provides the best overall environment we found.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like Pammel Park is the best bet for my needs. Thanks for the help all.