Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

FORD story!

I read this old post and thought perhaps it should see the light of day! Hope the moderators are ok with this. I replied to it and was told oldy not important, but it really is and the story speaks volumes of how things should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;106887
For the past 4 months, our Ford EB Explorer with 56,000 mile, that we tow behind our Journey DL, has been making a lot of noise in the rear, to the point that it was hard to hear anyone talk inside. So, the other day while we were driving to Corpus Christi, I decided to stop in at the local Ford, where I met one of the most professional Service Department Manager ever, Pete Hunter of Champion Ford.

I explained the problem to Pete and he personally had me take him for a ride, so he could experience the problem first hand. We drove almost a mile in the access road and Pete said he heard enough and that we should return to the dealership. Back at the dealership, Pete told me to wait in the vehicle and that he would be right back. In a few seconds, Pete returns with his top suspension man and we go for another test ride. We didn't have to go very far when the technican said we could return to the dealership.

We had a nice little talk on the way back, it was basiclly about towing a 4 wheel drive 4 down. I explained, that my towing package was procurred through Ford Engineering and that my local dealer did the installation, that Ford certified.

To get to the chase, the problem was the rear wheel hub bearings were out and needed to be replaced. Here's a lesson in CUSTOMER SATISFACTION to be learned. Pete asked the techican a few questions about maintenance to the rear end and found that Ford doesn't require anything unless the customer request it. Well, I asked my dealer at home to check everything last June, and everything was fine.

Here's the clincher, to replace the bearings on each rear wheel hub would take about 6 hours. The whole job would cost any where from $800 to $1000. Pete told me they were going to get me a vehicle, because it might take 2 or 3 days, as they didn't have all the parts. At this point I thought I was being set up for a big shake down, a $1000 for repair and then a car rental.

I have never experience anything like this, this dealership was the most courteous and polite(YES SIR,NO SIR) of any I have ever dealt with, and I did not buy the vehicle from them. I was a walk in, first time customer and treated most respectfully. To top it off, Pete filed 80% of the total bill with Ford and paid for the rental vehicle, then had the repair work done in a day and a half.

If this was my motor home and I got this type of service, I know I would have died and gone to heaven. What a Happy Camper I would have been.

Not without recognition, "Thank You Pete Hunter at Champion Ford of Corpus Christi, for a job well done."

Tomcat F15
"Quality and Total Customer Satisfaction is
Job 1 at Ford" and they proved it!

As the Brits say: Those were some good eggs you ran into . Thank you for sharing, it is refreshing to know and hear that customer focus and decency and truth and dedication to creating a good win win experience still exists. Needless to say hope these good eggs and your efforts to share with us will create a bevy of good eggs across the land, at the least in the Ford family. We can only pray for miracles that the RV buckets of bolts assemblers kinda sorta take a teeny tiny step in the right direction!

Tags
ford