Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We've just made our third trip in our 2000 Winn. Adventurer 37G. While driving down the road, our floor vents get so hot that it can seriously burn a bare foot if stepped on. They also blow out very hot air like a furnace going full blast. I do close them off with the little damper knob, but the one directly behind the cab area keeps opening up again with road bumps, etc. It honestly feels like a very hot heater blower, so it's not great for summer travel (winter might not be so bad, though ). Is this normal? Is there anything anyone here has done about getting the hot air diverted elsewhere so that inside of the coach is not receiving this hot air while driving? Thanks for any information you have to share!

We're still learning this coach, and still loving it!

~Lori
Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We've just made our third trip in our 2000 Winn. Adventurer 37G. While driving down the road, our floor vents get so hot that it can seriously burn a bare foot if stepped on. They also blow out very hot air like a furnace going full blast. I do close them off with the little damper knob, but the one directly behind the cab area keeps opening up again with road bumps, etc. It honestly feels like a very hot heater blower, so it's not great for summer travel (winter might not be so bad, though ). Is this normal? Is there anything anyone here has done about getting the hot air diverted elsewhere so that inside of the coach is not receiving this hot air while driving? Thanks for any information you have to share!

We're still learning this coach, and still loving it!

~Lori
Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Lori:

Do you have a switch on the dash labeled 'rear heater' or something like that? When we had our Adventurer, it had a separate heater under the bed (engine coolant circulated thru it) and there was a switch on the dash so you could run the thing in cold weather...kept the rear of the coach very toasty. Maybe you have one and it is attached to your floor ducts?? If so, and you have the switch ON, that may be where the heat is coming from.

I am sure other current Adventurer owners will respond.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi,
I have an 04 Adventurer and there is a switch on the dash labeled coach heater or rear heater. The switch has 3 positions. Up is high fan and in the middle is off and down is low fan. Make sure switch is in the middle postion and that should solve your problems.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

TOM NC: has the correct answer. If the switch he describes is any where but in the middle position, it will activate the Motor Aid heat system. This will really put out a lot of heat, more than an A/C can overcome. If you can't hear your motor aid heat system fan run, you are luckier than most of us. They tend to get noisy, then fail. Major issue to replace or repair. Another engineering marvel on easy access.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

LOL I am cracking up at how easy of a fix this was! Thanks to all who came to my aid in their posts. I just went out, found, and checked the switch. Sure enough, it was pushed in the down position for "low". I feel a slight bit silly for not having noticed that on my own, but hey...Todd and I are both newbies with this coach. I've read all of the manuals, and I still had not realized (or had forgotten)that the switch was for the Motor Aid. With the heat in the mid 90s presently here in Ohio, that "low" was feeling mighty hot! We'll be heading out again on Monday, so it'll be nice to not have that hot air pouring out of those vents! Thank You!

Btw, Homer.... I see that we aren't that far from you. We're down close to Bellefontaine; my dad lives in Lima.

~Lori
Old 08-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Btw... I don't remember hearing an obvious fan noise, but maybe that's because it was set on "low" and not on "high"? *shrug* Either that or we have a really good Motor Aid system!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Same thing happened to us and I only discovered it when my bare toe hit it by mistake! We forgot for a minute or two why the heat was pouring out of there but luckily my husband remembered the prior owner mentioning the dash switch. Evidently when we closed the blinds around the windshield our knee hits the switch. Believe me, that is one thing we check before travelling. It's in the mid 100's here during our summers! It will be a great feature in the winter if we ever get into cold country.
Lou & Dianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

DOULA: Glad you found your problem with the Motor Aid heat. Yes I live just West of Lima and am familiar with the Bellfountain area, which is some of the most attractive country in Ohio. If you have occasion to use your coach in the winter you will really appreciate Motor Aid heat, it does one great job of heating the entire coach, great for pets. Incidentally it is heating your HWH also, but you do not need the switch on for that to happen. If you cannot hear your Motor Aid fan run, you have a good one or it has been replaced already. Happy Rv'g
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote