Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello all!! Today I Closed the deal on our 1st moho, a 2006 Sightseer 34-A. After camping for over 20 years from tents to pu to 2 pull behinds, we decided to go for the gold Have any of you guys had any experince with this unit? I can hardly wait to pick it up on the 29th!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hello all!! Today I Closed the deal on our 1st moho, a 2006 Sightseer 34-A. After camping for over 20 years from tents to pu to 2 pull behinds, we decided to go for the gold Have any of you guys had any experince with this unit? I can hardly wait to pick it up on the 29th!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Jon:

Welcome to the forum and to the family of Winnebago owners. You will find some great folks here ready and willing to share their experiences and help.

Congrats on your new rig! I can remember how excited we were when we got our first motorhome. We also started out in tents, then to a pop-up, two travel trailers then finally our first MH.

Please come back and share your experiences on the road.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the Winnebago family and to the forum. I can't help you with your particular model but you will find lots of help here.

Take your time and perform a thorough inspection of the new coach ideally before you sign the final papers or write them a check. Dealerships will be more motivated to make you satisfied before they get your money; once you own it the relationship completely changes.

You will love having a Class A!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks guy's, I hope to post many stories of great trips. Our best friends that we camp with are also picking up a new coach the week before we are so we all are ready to hit the road.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hey Jon
Congrats, like you this is my first post, we also got a 34A the 1st week of Oct. Dealer had a 05 carry over and after alittle while came up with a $$$ that the wife could live with. (they had me from hello). We took one shake down cruise before we put it up for the season. Had no problems at all, should have traded the TT years ago. Headed to Arizona in a couple months,can't hardly wait.
Enjoy your MoHo and both of us being new to this with same model, don't be shy about sharing your experiences.

05 Sightseer 34A
rvdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

Jon p and rvdawg! -- Hey guys thanks for joining us here on iRV2.com.

Please do come back and visit and post often! Your participation is appreciated!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:25 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Congrats Jon - We pick up our 35J this Saturday, had our test drive tonight and did the initial paperwork. We're like you in that we've gone from Popup to 5er and now with this. The wife and kids are very excited and like the idea of riding in the MH when we travel. Enjoy!
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:57 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
As one Jon P to another I'd like to throw in my welcome to the forum too. Good luck and happy trails with your Sightseer. We are here for each other as there is more to learn than you can imagine.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Jon p. Welcome to the IRV2 website, glad you joined or friendly site, hope you will enjoy what you will be reading, and congratulations on getting your new coach, look forward to your posts. Ed.S
Old 12-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Congrats on the new rig ...

I suggest you take a video camera with you for the walk through ... then when you are out in the boondocks and you ask "How do we .... " you can look at the video ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the welcomes!! We are planning to go up to dealer--about a hours drive from home, tommorow to complete the paperwork. We are going to pick up the 29th as we are trying to get within 60 days of my b-day to save on tag tax. We have a great dealer--Shipps Rv we are going to park our tt beside the moho in there adjacent campgound and off load as we spend the night.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I have lurked for several years now but have decided to jump in and get my feet wet. My wife and I are full-timers, yet will work at different places should the opportunity present itself. We are in Boise, Idaho right now and will stay here until the middle of January because of family, then head to Hurricane, Utah. Merry Christmas everyone.
GrandpaRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Congrats, I think you will find a 34 is a very good size to have. We have found that a number of State and US parks have very limited campsites for anything over 36'. Enjoy!!!!!

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon p:
Hello all!! Today I Closed the deal on our 1st moho, a 2006 Sightseer 34-A. After camping for over 20 years from tents to pu to 2 pull behinds, we decided to go for the gold Have any of you guys had any experince with this unit? I can hardly wait to pick it up on the 29th!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrat's!! You'll love iRV2 forums and the tons of experience these folks have. You can ask any question and you will get great advice, support, and even shared pictures. Best advice is don't be shy and ask away...you'll save so much money, time, and effort just off others experiences. Have a great holiday season!!

06'Winnebago Adventurer 35A
It's A Good Life!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:12 AM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

Congrats...

We just picked up our new Winnie Outlook 25F class C last weekend.

Quite a strp us for us also from Popup camping!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

Hi All
First timer, just getting ready for semi retirement hopefully within the next two years. Finally with a lot a looking,researching, touching and tire kicking purchased our first 5th wheel it's a Jayco 36RTLS 2006 sure hope we didn't make a mistake? First question is how do I Put up picturs up?
Been reading a lot of fourm but this so far is the best.
unckebuck
unclebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:15 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Welcome unclebuck to irv2
Check out the 5th TT section below.
You have to sign-in to the PHOTO link above than download your pics.
Enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote