Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2006, 03:50 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kenbt:
How about the picture of your filler adjuster tool you made....after looking at the routing of the filler neck don't you believe we can alter especially the passenger side with some 45's instead of 90 degree turns so as not to allow the gas to back up quickly and foam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ken - We're off the coach for a little while to visit friends with the car. I'll take a picture of the wedge as soon as we get back on to the coach.

I'm not real interested in changing the filler hose routing myself, however I might put slow filling on the warranty repair list for Winnebago. It sure wouldn't hurt to have less restriction.

On the boat we had, I also had problems with the diesel foaming and we dealt with high-volume pumps many marinas had for the trawlers and sport fisherman (these guys would take on hundreds of gallons of fuel). Our tank fill was directly above the tank and was very short - maybe 12 inches or so. Inadequate venting was the major issue when filling my boat.

Jim and Bob - still listening for a better deal

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:04 AM   #22
Administrator Emeritus

Having just crawled under the coach yesterday to take those pictures,I wouldn't be real crazy about trying to reroute the filler neck(s) either....The way the things run,it'd be "questionable" in my mind whether you'd truly benefit from trying to run a 45 or a 22 1/2 to make it work.

While there are two significant turns in the routing,there's not much more you could do IMHO,because of the where the tank sits.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I just drove past Ocala RV Ranch in my coach coming form service at SuncoastRV. I was going to stop and look you up. Glad I didn't as I see you've moved. I'm parked at the new Walmart on 200 waiting for the wife to return from Sams CLub. Picked up a WiFi signal here.

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
I just drove past Ocala RV Ranch in my coach coming form service at SuncoastRV. I was going to stop and look you up. Glad I didn't as I see you've moved. I'm parked at the new Walmart on 200 waiting for the wife to return from Sams CLub. Picked up a WiFi signal here.
Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey Tom - would have been glad to have shared an adult beverage with you! Maybe next time...

We drove by that new WallyWorld and saw a few RVs there - word is already getting around!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

I only parked at Walmart while my wife took the car to Sams Club for some shopping. I stayed with the coach and played online poker through Beltone Hearing Aids open WiFi network. I'm finding a lot of open WiFi nodes in my travels.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote