Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Few Questions 2010 Itasca Ellispe

Hello:

My wife and I just took delivery of our new 2010 Itasca Ellipse. We did not have a chance yet to go for a shake down run, just a short ride home from the dealer.

We spent this weekend loading her up, and there were a couple of items I need to address with the dealer. One that I found strange is the large opening under the bed that exposes the inverter and a storage bin.

We have the powered recliner bed so there is no storage under the bed, just wondering if there should be a cover for it.

Thanks,

E.R.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04865.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	6546   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04864.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	6547  

Squirty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirty64 View Post
We have the powered recliner bed so there is no storage under the bed, just wondering if there should be a cover for it.
Squirty64, I don't expect that there will be but you can ask. Have you slept in the bed yet and does the Inverter humm to any degree ??
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

What model did you buy? I'm thinking about upgrading
Old 11-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I found the same thing under the bed on my 2005 Itasca Meridian. I have some storage under the bed so I went to Lowe's and found a small screen door pet grate and installed it over the hole. It doesn't effect the ventilation to the electrical equipment (which is why I think the hole is there) and ensures nothing will fall through the hole.
JBroadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hi:

Answer for FinHawk:This is Model Ellipse FloorPlan 40BD. We choose this floorplan because of the large sectional sofa. Its nice to be able to sit all together with our grandchildren/Nieces/Nephews in the evenings to watch TV, (Can fit 8 people) and living close to Disney (Fort Wilderness) we go often.

Answer for Driver: We have not slept in it yet but I have a 50 Amp Plug on my RV parking pad and have it pluged in, could hear the Inverter Fans and Unit buzzing when we had all the lights and tv on. When Sleeping inverter should not turn on since most items are turned off or basement air should drown out the sound. Just find it strange that fans are on the bottom of the inverter and why have such a large opening under the bed that Cold Air and Critters could easily come in.
Amazing how the factory can't just take a little extra time and clean up the saw dust, extra screws, plastic, etc from under the bed and behind draws/compartments

Today will talk to dealer and call Winnie customer service to see if they have any answers and will post there answers.

Thanks,

Evo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04859.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	6551  
Old 11-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank You JBroadaway, will look into a cover. Just seems like it is unnessary to have such a large opening. My previous coach (2006 Damon Tuscany) did not have any opening and had Inverter/Converter in same spot.

Regards,

Evo
Old 11-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We have a 10 Tour BD too...same hole on top of the inverter. Yes it does buzz and hum at first than it quiets down after a few minutes..
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Ditto, did you put anything over it to cover or muffle the buzz?

Evo
Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have not really found a problem with it as is...we have so much room for storage as it is ..(of course we are not full timers...just snowbirds!!)
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote