Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2015, 07:22 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeOts View Post
Just checked out your website. Very nice! I 2nd the motion to buy from this sponsor and stop ranting about one guy whom you will probably never see again in your life.
I think the OP topic was rudeness. We, the other posters, are going a bit over the top on that topic. And the OP may have overreacted a bit by seeming to state he is going to avoid Winnebago on his short list because of one rude salesman.

Getting product suggestions here in the forum is probably the best advise and response. But, even here rudeness is not unheard of, unfortunately.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Was he headed for the men's room? ;-)

Seriously, sometimes folks have an over riding need to get somewhere.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:59 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

When I purchased my 13 tour from the tampa show...1 concern I had was the installed in motion sat antenna. Prepared with knowledge from this forum I was well aware it was not capable of direct tv HD, ONLY std definition. BOTH the Winnebago factory sales and service representives told me it was DIRECT HD. thus the dealer was not willing to change out the dish! When it became an issue to close the deal...they called the tech folks at their factory HQ who confirmed my position.... Antenna replaced! Point here is they can't know everything about the different components. BUT THERE IS NO EXCUSE for missing an opportunity for a positive customer experience.

If FACTORY reps are too busy at shows, perhaps there should be more of them to respond to the folks NOT buying THAT day.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I went to the Tampa Super Show this year and I have to say the Winnebago Reps I talked to not only took time to answer questions but also took notes about quality concerns that my wife and I had with our 2014 Meridian. I am very pleased with Winnebago customer service and if you call and ask for the regional service rep in this area I feel sure you will get friendly and helpful answers. Give it a try and then repost what you find. Have a blessed day.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I went to the Tampa Super Show this year and I have to say the Winnebago Reps I talked to not only took time to answer questions but also took notes about quality concerns that my wife and I had with our 2014 Meridian. I am very pleased with Winnebago customer service and if you call and ask for the regional service rep in this area I feel sure you will get friendly and helpful answers. Give it a try and then repost what you find. Have a blessed day.
Thanks for this post. Your experience is probably more the rule than the exception.

Anyone can have a bad day, but that is no excuse to be rude. Anyone can simply say "I don't have the knowledge to help you. Please excuse me. I have another customer." Or "See ..... He may be able to help." A smile goes a long way, even if we don't know the answer.

How much more can we say on this topic? I think we are now

Rick Y
Old 01-29-2015, 08:48 PM   #26
Winnie-Wise

Hard to say exactly what happened, but sales people do sometimes have the fault that once they know you already spent your money on their product, especially if yours is still fairly new, they just don't have the time for you.

Pull out your checkbook and their attitude changes, which is why they are called 'salesmen'. They 'sell' you on the idea that you are their new best friend... once they get a signed contract and their commission, not so much, unless you're calling them with a 'referral' so he/she can sell them one their products to your friend

I do know that years ago, when I called Winnebago customer service, I felt that they were really fair in trying to take care of whatever I was calling about. For the last couple years, any calls I've made have had me feeling that they were being timed and after 30-45 seconds, they were looking for a way to 'terminate' the call. I have no idea if there was a major reshuffling or reorganization in the customer service department, but it sure doesn't feel like it used to... let's just say it no longer feels like the 'family' theme Winnebago likes to push in their advertising. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

I was a sales rep for over forty years. I agree about being polite and courteous. When I wanted the person to go away, I just said "I'm sorry I just don't know anything about what you are asking." How many seconds of my day did that take?
Jeff35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:23 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

From re reading the initial post it does not say he was rude. It does say he did not take time to schmooze. Big difference.

From reading some of the other posts it would seem some folks would just expect you to have all the time in the world to converse with them without regard to you having a different agenda. Not a surprise but a bit of a disappointment at the level of self importance.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

It almost seems that folks are trying to justify their own bad behavior here. The OP described rude behavior. Why can't this fact be accepted. We are still flogging a dead horse.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:09 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
It almost seems that folks are trying to justify their own bad behavior here. The OP described rude behavior. Why can't this fact be accepted. We are still flogging a dead horse.
Thank you ! I agree.
robmc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:35 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Customer loyalty comes from taking the time with a customer who doesn't have their wallet out. It's the little things that cost you nothing to little that build that loyalty.

When I was a teenager I worked in an auto parts store. The owners would give away little things like a nut or washer. "Come see us when you need something" they would say. 35 years later they are still in business despite the big discount chains down the street.

There is a tire chain in the west, Les Schwab. For decades they have done all sorts of freebies on the little things. Free flat repair, tire rotations, battery swaps etc. Not the cheapest place to buy tires, but the customer service is exceptional so I bought tires from them for decades.

The right thing to do would have been to listen to the customer and then tell them they would pass on their input to the powers that be at the company. In any situation folks like to feel they have been heard. Give them your attention for just a few minutes and they will rally around you. Treat them like they don't matter and they will rally to defeat you.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:17 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

customer service

I think old car nut is very right. He must have been a successful business man as I was! My exact thoughts!
robmc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #33
Winnebago Master

No matter what. This topic is still . We all seem to agree. You will get more bees in your hive with flowers and honey than with a hammer. I think it is time to give this topic a quiet burial and move on to day to day RV problems.

Has anyone had their mudflap, that big rubber mat hanging in the rear, get bent up? When I got to this location I found mine bent in the center, pushed toward the front. I have many miles in my 9+ years on the RV road but I have never seen this. I can't think of how or where I may have done this. Any comments (besides "off topic")?
Old 02-04-2015, 05:37 PM   #34
Winnebago Master

rick ... please start a new thread with your bent mud flap
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:07 PM   #35
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigramp View Post
rick ... please start a new thread with your bent mud flap
I agree. I will simply unsubscribe to this thread. The horse won't ride no more.

Happy trails.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #36
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Not justifying the Rep's actions but things like the swing out TV and it's mount are not made by Winni, they are purchased.. and it is very possible they, like ME, bought the swing out mount from Best Buys. (Though i doubt it, more likely the same source as Best Buys).

Winnabago makes walls, floors, ceilings and roofs.. not much of anything else, this includes cabinets (optional) Doors, (3rd party) mirrors, all the things that eat electricity (Microwave, TV, and mounts, Radio, Fridge, Water heater, and pump, and tank and) all the things that get wet (Covered some of those) all the sinks, toilets, and such, all 3rd party.. That's why the owners manual bag weighs 20 pounds.
May want to check your facts. Winnebago does build their own cabinetry (other than the door in the ERA's and Navion/View). The make almost all of their own doors (Spirit,Sunstar are Atwood). And they have their own plastics department that makes all their shower surrounds and holding tanks. Stitchcraft makes most of their furniture (Winnebago division), Capco does all of their aluminum extrusions (Winnebago owned).
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:10 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

He Is a representative of the company. Granted he didn't know, but he could have said, let check. Courtesy is above all else.