Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

I sympathize with the OP and agree that it is shoddy workmanship and he has the right to expect more out of Winnebago. It boils down to assembly line workers putting it together and not craftsmen. One thing that surprises me though with the OPs attention to detail, are all the spelling and grammar errors in the BLOG.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
I think Winnebago was smart in declining to sell them a motor home. Some people can not be satisfied.
UM...I hope that was tongue-in-cheek?

Not to get into the debate of who makes the best MHs but ANY manufacturer that can't have a reasonable handle on QC issues is not doing what it should for the customer. Certainly a name like Winnebago should have a program that takes care of the customer.

I think aside from the QC issues including the inop slides, the inadequate available weight on the front axle is EXTREMELY distressing. That means engineering and design are not understanding basic customer needs. No MH should ever exceed axle weights with full fuel, propane (when used), water and 2 people when it leaves the factory and before it is even loaded for use. Newmar went though this with front axle loading and as Mr_D can attest, they had to fix that with new axles and I bet at a lot of cost to the company.

For companies that don't publish stock CCC to give customers a fighting chance to see if a coach can do the job, it is incumbent upon them to flag upgrades that will have a significant impact on CCC. Receiving a MH that can't carry full fuel without exceeding an axle weights when it is not even loaded for use is nearly criminal. I don't care if the customer asks for every conceivable option. The manufacturer should darn well know if there is a danger in exceeding weight limits at any point whether that is GVWR, GCWR or individual axle weight ratings.

When I bought my previous Winnebago, it had a fighting chance with the information that came with our used coach but after a summer we just didn't like the limitations. When we bought our DSDP we also knew that front axle loading might get tight. We understood that and knew what we could do if it was so. We had the advantage of buying used and with some weight history to boot.

A new owner can not know this information before delivery. While the manufacturer can't know exact numbers before it is done, it shouldn't be hard at all to develop a computer design model to tell them, and thus the customer also, projected axle/coach weight information before it is even ordered. Yes, it won't be exact but it will at least provide reasonable guesstimates.

JMHO.

Again, if you were just being sarcastic about the company actions, I can agree that the company appears to have muffed this up and I apologize for not recognizing that. If not...
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

OP: You stated a reinspection and road test was scheduled for yesterday afternoon.

And the answer is ???

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #44
Winnie-Wise

Folks,
The author of the linked blog is not the author who started this thread. The OP of this thread is looking at an Adventurer. The author of the blog is David Bott who has pretty much dominated the 2013 Tour thread started by Glenda1908. After reading many of Bott's posts, I'm inclined to agree with Winnebago when they say they don't think they could satisfy him.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #45
Winnebago Watcher

ChasA, really?

Did you even look at the crap that was built? It was totally unacceptable work and it should have never left the factory. There's plenty of pictures to look at.

And the reason it's taken over is

1: it's sickening that this type of junk is released to the customers with a we'll fix it later, maybe attitude

2: the fact that people are actually defending this crap.

I can understand the attitude when people are just being fussy, but this is really a bad build.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner

We have had a similar deal with a winnebago dealer inTX.
PDI. Was set for 9:20
. Why then ipcan't recall. Well of course it wasn't ready. The Satelite wasn't on yet
All the coatings weren't done yet.the car did not have the hitch completed.
Not filled with fuel or LP. tithe steering box was still leaking. This was Friday, signed the papers on Mon. Bought a CRV Tues. and took it too them to put the hitch on.
Would have walked away but we had bought the car and paid cash. Was trading I a
NuWa HH CE. 37' and a 3500 Dooley. What a mess. There are other things that are
too numerous to mention. Still wrangling with dealer. Got a rookie salesman.
Not really faulting him. Had not sold MH's before, just trailers.
Finialy left withe the MH. About 7:30'. Was thourghly P.O.'D.
Is over now. We are now in Vermont , been thru MI.IN.OH. and NY./Niagra falls.
Put on over 3000 Mi. In just over 5 weeks. Have had no other significant
Problems. Am not faulting the MFG. But this is on the dealer.
Ya know, "S" happens. Hope I don't get into trouble for that !!!!
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Cricky emotions run high on this forum. The pissed off fellow with the blog is not me, I spel better usually.

We picked up the coach Wednesday morning and headed to FL. So far the only minor thing we have discovered is a few of the plastic drawer slider stops broke or whatever. Also the couple of coax cables from the Wingard through the roof were not really tied down, a simple fix with a few tie-wraps and done. I feel certain the plastic drawer slider stops are readily available. As it stands it looks as though a few spares would not hurt.

Experienced our first duh moment the first night. Learned the water pump must be off when hooked up to city water. Boy the manual is handy. So far no problems or mishaps. Interesting thing about I95 in Fl. The further south one drives the more squirrelly the drivers. Be warned.

All in all the minor blemishes in the cabinetry and exterior paint, the leaky sink flange, and the loose coax are no biggie. Much more worrisome was the immediate slid out motor failure, but the dealer made a prompt repair, as promised. All in all we are happy campers.
WineLuvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #48
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
The author of the blog is David Bott who has pretty much dominated the 2013 Tour thread started by Glenda1908. After reading many of Bott's posts, I'm inclined to agree with Winnebago when they say they don't think they could satisfy him.
I could not agree more. I had problems similar to Bott and Winnebago went above and beyond to ensure I was completely satisfied. I also called Randy Potts and another exec took the call and promised me I would be satisfied.....I was. Like landing a plane, it is in the approach. The part where a mysterious caller called the CEO of WB, claiming he was Botts and said bad things was the most interesting. Don't know if it happened, but when you post how many 1's and 2's you do a day on the Internet for weeks, don't be surprised, if someone takes advantage. Either way that problem is Botts.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #49
Winnebago Owner

This is just another example of a ****** dealer and no quality control from the factory. The manufacturer is supposed to do a quality control check and the dealer is supposed to do a pre-delivery inspection but they don't

They rely on the customer to be the quality control engineer and if by chance you miss a problem, they won't do anything about it until you discover the issue (hopefully while the coach is still under warranty)

In 2003, I purchased a Rexhall Rose Air pusher from La Mesa. They assured me that they would have the coach totally ready for the walk thorugh. During the walk through, I discovered that the inverter wasn't wired correctly and a few other odd's and ends, what should have been a 1 hour walk through turned into an 8 hour day.

When I purchased my 2011 Tour, I walked through that coach 3 or 4 times with a note pad taking information on defects and problems. (there were only a few issues) When I told the salesman that these needed to be fixed prior to me signing on the dotted line, he balked saying that they wouldn't get paid from Winnebago unless I owned the coach. I said, I won't own the coach unless these things are fixed before I purchase it. Eventually, they realized I was serious and did make the repairs.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #50
Winnebago Camper

That looks like a piece of ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Not defensive, just I would like to hear from Winnebago owners about Winnebago not others is that too much to ask ?
rream;1662948
It may be "too much to ask" since the iRV2 Forums are public sites, (even this "Winnabago Industries Owner's Forum") is not limited to use by only Winnebago owners.

You might have better luck, and be happier, if you ask your "Winnebago specific" questions here:
Winnebago winnebago-owners : Winnebago Owners

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #52
Winnebago Camper

rream

you forget to answer the question ask of you in post #24??

jack r
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #53
Winnebago Watcher

This is for me the general rend of all american industries. This certainly not of the employees qualification.
I used to work for the Leica scientific instruments. First they started to cut staffat the quality control department. Every employe had to do the
quality control of his own production. What a joke. No final inspection. During my last few years, everitime I was leaving home to do an installation, I was wondering what would be missing or defective. Than they cutted the support personal, inside employee thinking that the remaining staff would do it instead on their own home ours. Last but least they finally look for dealers that had no clues of what they were selling...
Sadly they had at one time , comptent employees that they considered as a threat to their incompetence.
I finally left after 37 years without any acknowledgment of what I did or at least a wish of good retirement...
This is Leica, part of Danaher corporation
laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #54
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
This is just another example of a ****** dealer and no quality control from the factory. The manufacturer is supposed to do a quality control check and the dealer is supposed to do a pre-delivery inspection but they don't .
LJ,

The dealer can make a LOT of difference as the customers' front line defense against Winnebago. I bought my rig from the largest dealer in Canada; and without the dealer's help I would have been totally screwed by Winnebago, instead of just being moderately screwed by Winnebago. I am in the process of buying a new rig; and would NEVER touch another Winnebago! If Winnebago was the only option out there, I would hang up my RVing keys forever!

While I was at the dealer, picking up my new rig, a new motorhome arrived from the factory. The VP hollered at one of his assistants:

"Tell the driver to wait!!"

I watched while the VP did a personal inspection of the new rig; and then as he exited the rig with a grim look on his face, exclaimed:

"This rig is too rough! I'm not going to accept it! Tell the driver to take it back!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
I said, I won't own the coach unless these things are fixed before I purchase it. Eventually, they realized I was serious and did make the repairs.
Good move!! And the only intelligent option.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #55
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post

Don't know if it happened, but when you post how many 1's and 2's you do a day on the Internet for weeks, don't be surprised, if someone takes advantage. Either way that problem is Botts.
One of the funniest things I have ever read on here. Thanks!
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #56
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post

LJ,

The dealer can make a LOT of difference as the customers' front line defense against Winnebago. I bought my rig from the largest dealer in Canada; and without the dealer's help I would have been totally screwed by Winnebago, instead of just being moderately screwed by Winnebago. I am in the process of buying a new rig; and would NEVER touch another Winnebago! If Winnebago was the only option out there, I would hang up my RVing keys forever!
Our experience has been just the opposite. Winnebago has been our front line defense against the dealer. If it wasn't for our factory rep, we'd be totally screwed by a dealer that isn't interested in providing warranty repairs.
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #57
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post

One of the funniest things I have ever read on here. Thanks!
Amazed that you find the truth funny!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #58
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post

Amazed that you find the truth funny!
It is the truth, that's why it's funny. Mr. Bott was so into himself it was hilarious.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #59
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
rream

you forget to answer the question ask of you in post #24??

jack r
See post 25
rream is offline   Reply With Quote