Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Factory new View or Navion any defects

I am buying a brand new 2021 View, have previous owners had many any issues with brand new ones, does the factory catch most of the defects when winnebago does their factory inspections. Thanks in advance
Paulbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
Site Team

First, congrats on your new RV.

But, honestly... NO. The factory doesn't seem to learn anything from repairs that others encounter and fix those issues upfront.

I'd say that the factory does fix anything the dealers say isn't popular or is not selling. But other than that it is a crap shoot. You get what you get and you are best to adjust your expectations and realize you will have problems and you will need to plan on stepping up to take care of them.

If you are lucky, you'll have few, if not you'll have more than a few.

I recommend making the dealer do a very long and very thorough PDI AND camping for 3 days after pickup within 10-miles or less of the dealership with the understanding that you will return for INSTANT repairs and corrections during that time.

DO NOT pick up your RV and not immediately use it. You will regret that for the entire time you own it. So many times you see owners pick it up on Tuesday and then plan to use it 3-months from now. By then, your dealer will have forgotten about you completely.

The common excuses for not doing the lengthy PDI (all day PDI) or using the RV are: I'm too busy right now, or I can't make it work. Or I have this plan to do X after I figure everything out.

I heartily recommend you get past all of that right now and say, "Look I've got to make this happen no matter how difficult it may be."