Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone bought or used an ext. warr. plan from US Travel Care? We are being offered a plan from our dealer from Phoenix American/RV Elite, but this other plan is considerably cheaper. My concern is will any dealer honor this warr., and if its worth it?
Pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone bought or used an ext. warr. plan from US Travel Care? We are being offered a plan from our dealer from Phoenix American/RV Elite, but this other plan is considerably cheaper. My concern is will any dealer honor this warr., and if its worth it?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I've read far more horror stories than good reports about extended warranties, but I guess you always hear about the bad. But my humble opinion is to stay away from them, dealers can't seem to handle the original warranty the way they should.
Ace
d.duin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I think warranties impied my needed repairs. Extended warranties seem to prolong the agony so I don't buy into that racket.

Doug is that a Grumman Albatross in your Avatar? What is the other airplane?
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I purchased an extended warranty when the coach was new, on the coach only, not chassis and drive train. Without it I would have spent a great deal more on repairs than it cost me. Fortunately all the breakdowns but one occurred close enough to home or were non disabling where I could go back to the selling dealer. The short Winnebago warranty just doesn't cut it. Things continue to go bad long after the original warranty expires. Unless you are very mechanical and have a working knowledge of how to fix the coach I would go for it. When my engine and trans factory warranty expires (as of now) I plan to get an extended one for them. On the other hand I would not buy one for a new car purchase.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

DonavonP,
That is a picture of 2 Martin P5M's in formation. They were based at Whidbey Island until the mid 60's.

JB Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

JBWLMS is correct, those are two of the Marlins in my old squadron VP-47, flew out of Whidbey, Sangley Point, Okinawa, Da Nang; we were known as the "Blue Whales". Thanks for the opinions on the ext. warr. issue. We have managed to out-mileage the factory warranty before the time expired. Mostly concerned with big ticket items such as inverters and such.