Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Heard these products advertised and wondered if anyone here has tried them...

1- Ultra Max(for black streaks)

2- Rain-X (for windshields)

3- RV-360 (vent cover for black tank vent, supposed to help with odors while in motion)</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Heard these products advertised and wondered if anyone here has tried them...

3- RV-360 (vent cover for black tank vent, supposed to help with odors while in motion)</span>

Old 03-08-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Used Rain-X over the years. It works. Water will bead like crazy...many times you don't need to use the wipers.

Can't help on the others.

Shan...if you're smelling poo in the rig while underway, you just need to drive faster to outrun it
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I can also vouch for Rain-X. Based on a recommendation from this website, I went to Camping World last week to buy an RV-360. They had an almost identical product there called a Cyclone on sale for 15 bucks (about 10 less that the RV-360). I bought one, but haven't installed it yet, so I cannot vouch for its effectiveness.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

So far I haven't had black streaks on my rig, I did spray off the roof but needs to be cleaned. I think the issue is worse with the rubber type roofs. Simple Green also gets rid of the streaks.

Rain-X - heard good things about it, I plan to apply this to the windshield of our rig.

RV-360 - Haven't had odor issues so far, I did add vent covers so we can travel with the bathroom vent open now. If it becomes an issue I'll look at what Gary bought.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1- Ultra Max(for black streaks)

3- RV-360 (vent cover for black tank vent, supposed to help with odors while in motion) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1- I haven't used any kind of streak remover.
2- I've used RainX in various forms. The one I most prefer is RainX windshield washer fluid in both my MH and toad. After using it for a few months, it does a fantastic job. I often don't even use the wipers on the toad when it is raining...
3- I installed a similar product, the XTreme Vent, on my MH last summer. The only time we had any tank odors inside was when we traveled with the rear roof vent open. It is not behind the vent, but close. We haven't had that odor problem since adding the vent. We have never used tank chemicals other than a couple times a year something that will lube the dump valves. It is better materials than the 360 (won't turn yellow like older 360's I have seen), and easier to install (does not require any sealant, etc). You can see the XTreme vent (XV100) at the RV Toy Store site at http://secure.ultracart.com/catalog/rvtoy/staying_cool/...and_vents/XV100.html
Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have used the RV-360. Easy to install and works great. Elimanated all odors.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #8

In my opinion, all are gimicky gagets.

Do you smell oders in your motorhome?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I had a terrible odor problem when traveling done the road, When I test drove it I thought the guy selling it had a medical problem that made him have really bad gas..... Any way the RV 360 solved all my Motor home odor problems.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I've used all three and they all work.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I've used Rain-X for years on cars and motorcycle visors and it works extremely well. I also installed two 360s for the grey and black vents and the odor issues disappeared.

Top marks to both.

22ft TPD Trailer
Slowdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Most black streak removers are strong enough to strip off any wax you have on the camper under the black streak. Over time the finish is effected. Try using Simple Green in different strengths, I found 2 to 1 removes all the streaks on my camper.
RainEx works very well and makes removing bugs very easy but the key is to get a clean windshield to apply it to.
The plastic vent covers work by creating a vacum under the cover pulling gases out of the tank and allowing fresh air in. That happens only when air is passing over the cover either driving or by wind action. I have found that smell only becomes a problem when there is no breeze to move the gases away from our camper. Hope I helped.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">THANK YOU very much for all of the replies </span>

Old 03-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil'Darlin1972:

3- RV-360 (vent cover for black tank vent, supposed to help with odors while in motion)</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have used Rain-X and it does work very well, however it does make the windsheild a bit less slick so much so that on two vehicles I had to tighten the slip clutch on the wiper arms.

On one I had to replace the wiper arm clutch as it stripped and self destructed the moment I turned the wipers on after applying the Rain-X.

I still use it on occasion but am a bit more cautious when applying it.

The wiper systems could have been marginal on one of those vehicles but....