Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2007, 05:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

I know this is an opinion question. But how many prefer this type of chair and stool versus the regular recliner???
Pros & Cons please.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I know this is an opinion question. But how many prefer this type of chair and stool versus the regular recliner???
Pros & Cons please.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hey...we had the Euro in a new coach that we traded in on another coach and wish that we had kept the Euro...more confortable and takes up less room. Priced a new one and was $800.00 for chair and $400.00 for otoman from Flexsteel so had to forget it.

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We had the Euro and foot stool in our old coach and I saved them. I am seriously thinkibg about putting it back into the new Itasca 33V. My new recliner although it looks great, isn't as comfortable and is real hard to move around and secure compared to the Euro recliner.
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:32 AM   #5
KCE
Winnebago Owner

Replaced my original chair when new with a leather Euro Chair. Love the chair and as stated above looks better and more comfortable.
KCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I didn't think I would like it at first. Too "modernistic" or futuristic for my taste. It didn't really matter though 'cause I am a couch potato along with the dog. HOWEVER I have come to love it. It is comfortable and gives flexibility for positioning in the motorhome. I don't go to full recline all that often so I don't use the foot stool all that much. When we have a lot of people in our motor home for a gathering the stool also doubles as an additional place to sit. If had to do over again I would definately opt for another one and after all that is the true recomendation of anything. Meanwhile the dog has to lay on the floor next to me when I am in the chair if he wants to be patted so he mostly opts out for the additional room on the rest easy sofa.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the replies. If it didn't come with the coach where did you purchase it? Thanks
Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Hi Jimmy,

We ordered our coach with the Euro recliner and I like it. It fits my shape quite well and is comfortable. Jane doesn't like it because it doesn't fit her. Darn

On the downside, it was an expensive option. When we were at Bradd and Hall this summer picking out our new captain's chairs we noticed several recliner chairs and I tried a few. Can't remember what I liked or didn't like.

At the last stick house, I had a large Lazy Boy recliner and I never did like it - my back would hurt after a couple of hours in it. I wasn't sorry to see it disappear.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
KCE
Winnebago Owner

On mine the dealer just traded my origional new chair with a euro chair in another new motorhome. Dealer wanted to make me happy I guess
KCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Jim:

We did not think the recliner/rocker that came with the Journey was terribly uncomfortable but I wanted a leather Euro-style recliner anyway. I wanted one of the Ekornes Stressless recliners (they are really comfortable) but wasn't going to spend that much for one for occassional RV use. So, we got the Corona from Benchmaster for about $450 and it is really a comfortable chair/ottoman combo. We also are pleased with the quality of the chair and the leather. DW really likes it. If we ever get a new rig, we will want one sofa bed and two of these recliners.

Link to Benchmaster:

http://www.discountleatherchairs.com...er-corona.html

Now, for our Christmas present to ourselves, we just got matching Ekornes recliners for home...very nice, very comfortable but pricey for sure.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

discountleatherchairs.com is a class company to do business with. I bought (2) of the Corona
chairs because they were 29.5" wide. Price is great at 459.00 including the ottoman with free shipping.
I ordered on Sunday evening and had them by Friday.
The quality is very good for the price. You do have to assemble them but it's no bigh deal.
I ordered the taupe leather with coffee wood.
Great looking chairs.
gunawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I ordered it with the new coach and will never be without one. I'll replace the Lazy Boy in the stick house next time.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

We removed the couch, replaced it with 2 Euro style recliners from Lane. We also moved the theater style seating couch to the right side of the coach.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:58 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the replies,,,John you have opened up a bag of worms...Linda must like it or it is a no go (maybe). A Happy Holiday to you and Jane...Jim

Jim and Sue, like the looks of your recliners, I have a Lane I use in front of the TV. Like my Lane..Been doing some research and I believe yours is a IMPULSE model...Seasons greetings to you both also...