Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Well, I really wanted one of the Ekornes Stressless recliners but wasn't going to spend $1,300 for something for occasional use. So the wife talked me into ordering a knock-off (Benchmaster)off EBay...about $400, free shipping. Actually, we like it. It's comfortable and should last as long as we are likely to keep this rig.

Actually, we like it so much we ordered another one for the house.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Well, I really wanted one of the Ekornes Stressless recliners but wasn't going to spend $1,300 for something for occasional use. So the wife talked me into ordering a knock-off (Benchmaster)off EBay...about $400, free shipping. Actually, we like it. It's comfortable and should last as long as we are likely to keep this rig.

Actually, we like it so much we ordered another one for the house.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

After reading your post it got me thanking how my recliner that came in my 36G is not really all that comfe. It must be made for someone under 5ft. Do not have a lot extra room for huge recliner. Any idea's
Bob

2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
bobwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I replaced my recliner in my prior Journey with a Lazy-boy. Took the hoop off the recliner which came in the Journey and mounted it to the Lazy-boy. Fit perfectly. I could then still mount it to the floor for travel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I asume that you pull it out to use it. Did it crowd the space
Bob

2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
bobwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I replaced my recliner in my prior Journey with a Lazy-boy. Took the hoop off the recliner which came in the Journey and mounted it to the Lazy-boy. Fit perfectly. I could then still mount it to the floor for travel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don...great idea. We've got three Lazy Boys in the house but all of them are bit big for the motorhome.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading your post it got me thanking how my recliner that came in my 36G is not really all that comfe. It must be made for someone under 5ft. Do not have a lot extra room for huge recliner. Any idea's

Bob: agree that the OEM Winne recliner is small. I'm only 5'7" and my feet hung off the foot rest some. At least with the Euro recliner and separate ottoman, you can move the ottoman to whatever location fits you. You can get larger Euro recliners but we didn't want it to take up too much room in the motorhome. This one is just about right.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
I helped | retired moderator

Don't get the Ekornes Stressless chair.

I have one, and it's too darn comfortable. I can't watch TV at night without dozing off.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Dirk:

I hear that. I was trying them out at a local furniture store and they are absolutely fabulous. If I live long enough to retire and spend more time in a motorhome, I will have one for sure. Butter soft leather, headrest that adjusts as you recline....you know.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:07 AM   #9
I helped | retired moderator

It only costs a little bit more to go first class.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Yea, I went out and bought a 'small' Lazy-boy recliner. Nice thing is the backs come off, so it was easy to get into the rig.

The chair is about the same width as the OEM recliner, but with the taller back it did hit the dinette and wall when sitting in it w/o pulling it out.

So when I wanted to recline I did just that -- pull it out from the wall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #11

Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:

Actually, we like it so much we ordered another one for the house. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which model did you get I'm waiting until I get back from KW to get a Monterey, they are out of stock in black with the dark base. How sturdy are they, I'm 6'3" 260 so need something that will hold up.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote