Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Well, the cordless vacuum finally died. I called Eureka and they state that the battery is not replaceable

So - what have you forum members done when this happens?

Thanks...Dan
Old 09-22-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well, the cordless vacuum finally died. I called Eureka and they state that the battery is not replaceable

So - what have you forum members done when this happens?

Thanks...Dan
Old 09-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Dan, Batteries Plus can make you a battery but it's probably not worth it. I took mine apart trying to figure out how an alleged vacuum cleaner could make so much noise and not suck anything. The Eureka battery looks like 3 size C rechargeable batteries stuck together in shrink film tubing but it's made in France so they could be an odd size.

We are currently using a Shark 15.6 volt cordless. It is great. Sucks good and the beater attachment actually works. The problem with it is that it doesn't fit in the cabinet so I store it in another area. The vacuum itself will fit but not the charger bracket it plugs into.

Check out Home Depot. They've got some really nice cordless vacs.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Dan ...

When ours died we switched to a corded machine ... the present model number is 411B

Picture & Description

It does a good job of cleaning the floor and although a little awkward at times the on board tools are handy for getting into nooks and crannies ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Dan,

Ours died this past summer. My solution, I gave it to my 91 year old Dad, who has never bought a replacement battery pack that I know of. He soldered 5 AA rechargable batteries (bought at WalMart), a combination of series & parralel, & stuffed them in the compartment. Runs great, loads of power.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Do a search on the battery brand name and size. The original battery company is gone, but there is a cross ref to sanyo battery. They are sub C size batteries, commonly used in radio controlled toys. I found an online company that made a replacement pack for me. 3 subC shrink wrapped with tabs. It costs about $9 less than buying a new (identical) vac from Eureka. Still takes a little adj to make everything fit. If you are not handy, just buy a replacement vac...
Old 09-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Found the receipt.
www.BatteryStore.com
19.50 total for the battery pack
Old 09-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

mrsr71- How did you manage to get it to last so long? From day one mine didn't have the power to suck up an ant let alone any dirt. Compared to the portable we use at home it is worthless. It still runs but I never use it, am about ready to just replace it. Winnebago must have bought them for dime a dozen and just used them to fill the space in the bathroom cabinet.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Ours failed quickly after purchasing the Mh new. We now havea portable Shark plugged in behind the passenger front seat. Works 10 times better than the original. Oh yes the recargable flash light never worked and I chunked it also. Now we have a cabinet with useful stuff in it where before it looked good but none of the rechargeable items worked. I agree WI bought these at a Chineese discount store.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LandHo:
Found the receipt.
www.BatteryStore.com
19.50 total for the battery pack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LandHo,

Thanks for the tip. I ordered one, installed it, and it now works better than new.