Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-23-2015, 06:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Does Winnebago have a Service Manual?

Greetings!!

I've had to take my coach back to the dealer a number of times for a bunch of minor problems. Right now all of that is covered by the warranty but the day is fast approaching when that warranty will expire and I will need to start forking cash over for those repairs.

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of a Winnebago service manual for our coaches?

I am aware of things like the plumbing and wiring diagrams available from the Winnebago website, but the website does not discuss procedures for doing some things like pulling the infotainment system etc.

How do the dealers know how to do these things?

Thanks,
Jerald Pendleton
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Each installed item or system usually has an owner's manual and sometimes troubleshooting or service instructions and parts list. Winnebago has enough variations in the production line that they don't make what you're looking for. No RV maker does make such a manual that I know of.

If you don't have the paper owner's manuals, do a survey of your RV from top to bottom and note make and model of every item. Then sit down with Google and find the resources available. I have downloaded PDF files and/or bookmarked every item in my RV for reference.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpend View Post
Greetings!!

I've had to take my coach back to the dealer a number of times for a bunch of minor problems. Right now all of that is covered by the warranty but the day is fast approaching when that warranty will expire and I will need to start forking cash over for those repairs.

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of a Winnebago service manual for our coaches?

I am aware of things like the plumbing and wiring diagrams available from the Winnebago website, but the website does not discuss procedures for doing some things like pulling the infotainment system etc.

Thanks,
Jerald Pendleton
For things like pulling the infotainment system, pulling wall mount TV, pulling the center of dash console, etc. where I can't find a Winnebago document on-line I have always been able to get an answer from Winnebago telephone support in Forest City IA. This is particularly true of the coach model lines that are still being manufactured now, as the telephone support people can walk out to the factory floor and ask someone who knows.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

jrpend, and there is always this forum. Being able to view the 3D parts catalog helps a lot also. A lot of the times you are paying the dealer for the service tech to learn how to remove something.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpend View Post
You're assuming they "know".....

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Each installed item or system usually has an owner's manual and sometimes troubleshooting or service instructions and parts list. Winnebago has enough variations in the production line that they don't make what you're looking for. No RV maker does make such a manual that I know of.

If you don't have the paper owner's manuals, do a survey of your RV from top to bottom and note make and model of every item. Then sit down with Google and find the resources available. I have downloaded PDF files and/or bookmarked every item in my RV for reference.
What he said- me too.
You'll need those model and serial numbers anyway if you ever need to order parts yourself. All my MH info is on Windows onedrive cloud, not just on my home computer. I can access where-ever I have internet access.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:44 AM   #7
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Each time I've called Winnebago for an item that I couldn't find in the manuals that were provided they sent me detailed instructions on how to fix it repair it or replace it. Sometimes they have just referred me to a particular place in a manual that gives me the necessary instructions.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, service, winnebago