Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

We were at the same point your are at. I had done alot of research, but just wasn't comfortable with the purchase. I had tent camped all my life and had started my RV research looking at pop ups, which progressed into bumper pulls, fifth wheels, toy haulers, and finally MH's. I had a severe bout of buyers remorse after buying our Adventurer 37B, only because it was all new to me. Now three years down the road part timing, I would do it over again in a heartbeat. We have had more fun, and most importantly, continue to meet the best folks RVing. Jump in both feet first, you will truly be glad you did. There will always be issues, problems, heartache, but the good will greatly outweigh the bad. My humble opinion.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:09 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I just wanted everyone to know that I really appreciate all the responses. It's almost 1/2 and 1/2 from jump in to rent first. The rent first idea is a very good idea but the 2.5K to rent a 40' unit for a week with a 100 mi. limit is a think a little high. So if I camp for two weeks thats 5K +. I'm getting what I would consider a pretty good price for the new unit, ~ 25 to 27.5 % off MSRP from a local dealer. So not too bad. I realize when she leaves the lot I'll watch doves fly away with ~15 to 20 K which, for a mistake of this portion I don't think is too much for a life lesson if it goes bad. I've lost much more in tech stocks. My thoughts are if I don't take a risk every now and then, then where will I find the excitement in life. Never been sorry for bad investments, just poorer than I was before. ( I think of the bright side....less taxes that I have to pay. ) God's been good to me finically, though not a rich man I'm not in the poor zone either. Though no allimony my daughter will cost me forever. Love her with all my heart and anything that's mine is hers. Great 30 year old kid....excuse me....young lady. opps..include smart, good looking, well liked, great manners etc etc. Did I forget to mention she gets her brains from her mother and her good looks from me...or should that be the other way around.

I've got to go out of CONUS for about 4 weeks, remote AK and warm HA. While I'm gone the decision will be made to buy if I don't glue my hands to my wallet with crazy glue.

Anyway, thanks to all for your comments

jk_and_dog
jk_and_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">.
What was the push factor that got you over your fears of buying that first major RV? .......? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whiskey.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

[quote]Whiskey.

That works for me Donavon!! Cute!!
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote