Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2006, 04:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

morning everyone we have a "05 Itasca Suncruiser and going to put in a central vac system in... my question is has anyone installed one and where did you mount yours? Was thinking about installing ours under the bed? Would that be a good place or should we be thinking of another location? Thank you in advance.....
omnc954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

morning everyone we have a "05 Itasca Suncruiser and going to put in a central vac system in... my question is has anyone installed one and where did you mount yours? Was thinking about installing ours under the bed? Would that be a good place or should we be thinking of another location? Thank you in advance.....
Old 05-20-2006, 04:38 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

My Dirt Devil is installed directly under the fridge in that compartment,with the plug in receptacle and the "broom tray" in that location as well...Makes it just about in the center of the coach as far as stretching the hose in either direction as well...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

did you install your system yourself of was it installed from the factory rebelsbeach?
Old 05-20-2006, 05:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Bob and I have the factory installed model. On our 40AD, it is mounted on the port side in the linen closet. The key like Bob said is to put it as much in the center of the coach as possible so the hose will reach every nook and cranny.

There is also an outlet in the basement for doing the car or basement storage.

If you can't find a Suncruiser owner with one installed, call Winnebago and ask them where they are mounted (assuming it is an option on that model.)

We really like ours - it does a good job.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:58 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Ours is installed in the storage area under the rear dinette seat which is exactly in the middle of the coach. It was an installed by the dealer. The biggest challenges were running electric to that area and fabricating a shim for the outlet so it would mound well on the outside of the seat/storage frame.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The Red Devil/Maxium2000 are the same unit and are manufactured by Vacuflow. I bought one from a Vacuflow dealer that installs home systems and saved a few bucks over an RV Dealer. Be sure to get the Rug Rat attachment with the beater brush. They are simple to install, I put mine under the sink which was close to center of coach. My dealer made me two ten foot hoses that connect and I only had to use the extended hose for the back of the coach. Good unit.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I installed mine under the fridge as Bob did. I have the connection for it in the toe kick under the range. There is already AC under the fridge so that was not a problem.

1999 Chieftain 35U
RonTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2005 Adventurer and we installed our Dirt Devil in the outside storage compartment under the galley and ran the hose up through he hole that the kitchen plumbing goes through. We mounted the hose connection on the galley cabinet by the entry door. There is an electric outlet in that compartment and ther is less noise when running the unit since it is not "inside" the coach. We based our installation on another member's post.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I did exectly as Gene did and it not only works very well, but my better half loves it. Most of the noise while it is running is outside, not in the coach. We have a white German shepherd that sheds like crazy this time of year. This is the only vacum that really get all her fur.