Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dinette cushions move around while sleeping

Any suggestions about how to keep the dinette cushions from moving around under you while you are sleeping? They separate and form a crevasse. I was thinking about a nylon strap...
peter k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter k View Post
Any suggestions about how to keep the dinette cushions from moving around under you while you are sleeping? They separate and form a crevasse. I was thinking about a nylon strap...
Simple...VELCRO....

Place the finger material tabs on your bottom plywood seat cover, both sides, use 1/8 luan plywood to cut to shape, make the width and depth of your dinette table, and then place the fingers on rough side. Lay the smooth side down on the top of the table. Then, measure exactly(on all your seat and seat back cushions) for where to stick the fabric tabs so they will engage the finger material in all places you put them as a tag team, when all the back and seat cushions are laid flat to form your 'mattress'.. DONE...nothing will move....until you lift them apart. Then store the table 1/8 inch luan plywood wherever, until you convert to a bed again. That way, you don't have finger tabs stuck to your actual dinette table top.

When you are using as a Dinette, no Velcro tabs will show on the cushions that you sit upon, or your back leans into.

Questions, get answers...(smile).
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:39 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Just as a Post Edit:

If you want, you can cut the VELCRO with the finger and material already pressed together as a strip. Then, merely cut two inch long strips. Then peel the backing for the sticky surface off the material side. Press them onto the points you want them on all the cushions...when the table is down, and the noted luan plywood top is placed onto the down position table top. Then when ready, merely pull off the finger side backing to expose the sticky surface and then carefully position and press down ONCE, all the cushions in place. Use your butt, or knees, or simply roll back and forth on top of the cushions to get the finger stickies to adhere to the wood. Then, gently move the cushions, and when they are off, and the finger material side is upon the wood, use your finger tips to press firmly down onto the wood for a good contact stick. Then...you will absolutely have all both faces where they will meet each other.

Either measure and stick, or use this alternative suggestion to place the two part tape.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks. My wife is excited to try this.
peter k
peter k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:44 PM   #5
Site Team

While it doesn't work as well as Velcro, I use a scoot guard type material and it works well enough.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:52 PM   #6
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Hook and Loop Tape

I use Hook and Loop tape all the time, and I install just as Sun Seeker said, mesh the strips together and then adhere to your mating surface, to ensure an exact alignment (trademark name Velcro).

Also, a mattress foam topper will help with the seam.

This is what I buy in lieu of Velcro (same stuff). Very large (wide) strips...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E3B93B8-A8B2-4E20-9E6F-0732548957FC.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	551.4 KB
ID:	177569  
Old 02-28-2021, 09:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Our RV came new stock from Winnebago with large patches of rubber shelf lining material stapled in place on the two support platfroms under the dinette cushions. They don't move around with this material there and of course there is no force required to lift up the cushions off their support platorms (like there would be with velcro) to get access to the storage under the dinette seats.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:11 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Thanks. My wife is excited to try this.
peter k
Glad to help...enjoy your rig!
Old 03-05-2021, 08:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Amazon sells non slip mattress pads. They're similar to shelf non skid pads.
Lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote