Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I use JG Lube Services for my transmission fluid analysis. Go over to the Allison forum and subscribe to the thread authored by Tom Johnson. Tom is a retired Allison engineer and he wrote the specification for Transynd (TES295). Tom runs JG Lube and if you post your results over there he will give you a personal evaluation. You can also email him anytime with questions.
I also use and recommend JG Lube Services and Tom Johnson. they do engine oil and transmission fluids.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #22

[QUOTE=mgtr;1793377]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post

Whoa! You have three too many zeroes there. I think you meant that 1 million miles is the life of a diesel, but certainly not 1 billion miles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
1 Billion miles.

I have a new goal!
Just trying to keep you guys on your toes!

It worked!

When you get to that many zeros what difference does it make !!!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I worked for old man murphy at murphy cheap motor freight in the 60s he took 5 new macks with old maxidine and 5 more just like them. He ran them 365 1,000 mile round tirps mpls to chicago in a year never shut off the first 5 and did normal maint on the other 5. HE MODIFIED THE RUN FOR A YEAR WITHOUT SHUTTING OFF to have a glass sight tube to check the oil.

Pulled one of each engine down and came to opinion that rotella would run 380,000 miles just fine. Was funny to see mechs change tires on a tractor still idleing... Funny thing was the way those old rigs leaked none of the original oil could have been left after changing filters every two months....

I have 92,000 on an isl 400 and it is just about as happy a pig in mud...
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote