Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I had2 lugnut covers knocked off. One is a compression fit over the lugnut and the other seems to be pressed into the Wheel cover.

Now the problem...how do I get the press fit back in. Any special tricks? Does it go back o from the outside or push through from the backside. Looking at it, I can't tell.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I had2 lugnut covers knocked off. One is a compression fit over the lugnut and the other seems to be pressed into the Wheel cover.

Now the problem...how do I get the press fit back in. Any special tricks? Does it go back o from the outside or push through from the backside. Looking at it, I can't tell.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hey Hamguy, my coach has the covers as well. They just popped off when I pulled them to replace the tires. I pushed them back on from the outside. Mine don't actually wedge into the wheel cover.

'course I questioned my DW on how many she thought would be left after our next trip.

Terry
tnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

My wheels have 8 lugnuts. Four just have friction fit to the nuts, the other 4 are somehow attached to the wheel cover. Those are my dilemma

Old 08-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

If they are like mine hamguy, there should be a little indentation on every other flat on the hex shape. They just push on. I found it necessary to gently message the indents with a round head punch to make them fit a little more snug.

Dieselclacker
Old 08-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I guess our posts overlapped hamguy. You are referring to the permanently attached nut covers. I just looked at mine, they definitly go on from the outside. You may have to pull the wheel cover to see what kind of attachment is on the inside. Sorry can't be of more help.

Dieselclacker
Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I'm not having a problem with that cover. It is the other type that are affixed to the wheel cover. Am I the only one having this type??

Just got ur second post. Now you have it. It appears I will have to bend the tabs on the wheel cover and then press them on?? I think I will talk to Winne.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I'm sure they are pressed on when the wheel cover is made, and may be difficult to replace. Mine appear to be installed from the outside.

If it proved too difficult to replace, my solution would be to find another nut like used on the removable ones and install another slip on.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hamguy, I'm checking on chrome lug nuts to settle the problem. Just have to make sure that the hubcap will still fit over the open holes to allow the wheel to be attached ahead of the cap.

Terry
tnau is offline   Reply With Quote